+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 95
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoops recruiting/HS basketball

Allen will end up at Georgia. Izzo would rather have Tucker and won't get all three of the SG's. I have a hunch Summers will get turned off when Tucker commits and he'll go to Kentucky. Maybe not. But if Izzo gets 2 of the 3 SG's, it won't include Allen. I think Lucas will have more opportunity to shine at Michigan, so we'll see. Plus Michigan has more scholarships to go around.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Though the one silver lining if Lucas does end up at State, Michigan will be one of the front runners for "Noopy" in '08. Now that kid is a freak of a point guard and he's still growing. He'll be one of the top 15 recruits in the nation when it's all said and done.

Lucas would also take Michigan State out of the Korie Lucious sweepstakes who just happens to be the #1 PG in the 2008 class.

I honestly don't know who I'd rather have if given the choice btwn Lucas, Lucious or Noopy?! :?

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    Allen will end up at Georgia. Izzo would rather have Tucker and won't get all three of the SG's. I have a hunch Summers will get turned off when Tucker commits and he'll go to Kentucky. Maybe not. But if Izzo gets 2 of the 3 SG's, it won't include Allen. I think Lucas will have more opportunity to shine at Michigan, so we'll see. Plus Michigan has more scholarships to go around.
    I don't know, Allen has a lot of ties to the Michigan area and from all reports MSU leads for him right now. You can tell that Izzo is enamored with the kid and I can't blame him as he's been absolutely tearing it up. He just scored a career high 42 points in a game last week with Izzo sitting front a center. That had to've left a pretty strong impression.

IMO with Summers, Tucker and Allen it's a first come first serve situation with two open slots.

And on the Summers/Kentucky thing....I have to think that the Crawford ordeal is going to have a negative affect on them recruiting Michigan players for a while.

On Michigan's recruiting, I love the players that Tommy has in his pipeline in Legion and Sims. Two bonafied studs that'll help a ton but Tommy honestly needs a refresher course in Balanced Basketball Recruiting 101.

Horton graduates this year and Harris (who's not a PG but is probably UM's next best option at that position from a starting standpoint) graduates the year thereafter. Who's going to assume the role then?

Jerret Smith is not the answer. He's too slow a foot and possesses a relatively low offensive ceiling.

TA recruits wings like nobody's business but the man seemingly can't recruit posts and points.

Just look at UM's point guard and frontcourt depth next season. It ain't pretty.

Crawford has to be looked at as an isolated incident. Kid is fucked in the head, and anyone who decommits from one school can't exactly be trusted to stay loyal to another program. Make sense? Michigan ended up better off without him in the long run. The Al Horford decommit hurts a lot more. Athletic big man now at Florida (Billy Donovan is as dirty as Jim Tressel at least) now considered a lottery pick in some mock drafts if he declares this year. I'm not saying he'll be successful in the NBA, just reporting what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    Crawford has to be looked at as an isolated incident. Kid is fucked in the head, and anyone who decommits from one school can't exactly be trusted to stay loyal to another program. Make sense?
    They still played asshole hardball with him when he wanted to transfer. Telling him that they weren't going to release him from his LOI and would make him forego a full year of his eligibility if he indeed transfered. He didn't want to stay but they essentially forced him to

That shit just ain't cool and "player un-friendly" crap like that gets around quick.

And for a lesson in how a program should act in that situation, just look at how Michigan State handled Cotton's transfer. That came out of nowhere and straight up fucked MSU's backcourt situation. They could've easily and justifiably played hardball with him but Izzo made things as easy as possible for him by immediately and completely releasing him from his letter.

It makes no sense to burn any bridges. Especially ones that lead you to such a furtile (albeit difficult) recruiting area like Detroit. Izzo knew that fact...Tubby obviously didn't.

Grady is looking like he might play football and basketball at UM.

Crawford got some bad advice. The basketball scene in michigan is sooooooooooooooo dirty it is not funny.

The recruit that committed to michigan and really hurt was Horford. Kid is such a stud down at Florida.

I dont blame Kentucky for doing what they did to Crawford. I wish more programs had the balls to stand up to kids and make them honor their commitment.

BTW the whole crawford thing hurt UM when recruiting Malik too, but Oregon paid someone to get him to come out there. I bet it had to do with the Nike honcho....hey Malik come to UM and once you go pro...I got a big fat Nike contract for ya.

Art

TIFWIW, but the rumors of an impending Kalin Lucas to Michigan State commitment are increasing in both decible and number.

Jethro or whomever, who would be Amaker's plan B PG recruit if Lucas went elsewhere? Is there another point that he's actively recruiting. Even though I suppose that he's more of an off-guard than a point guard...but Coppenrale Harris maybe?!

Could Legion play any point in a pinch?

I think Amaker is very comfortable with Jerrett Smith at point. He certainly will be next year, with Horton gone. He would obviously love to have Lucas in there, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see Smith as a 3 year starter. Actually, it works well for the type of team they're trying to build. They want three guys that score, one that passes, and one that hits the boards like crazy. Smith is a pass-first PG and showed that in the opener with 9 assists in 20 minutes. He can certainly get the ball to Legion and Sims in position to score. But they need to do just that. The team wants two big men to run with these guys. One might be a guy like Kendrick Price, a skinny little kid with PF height and PG weight. They'll ask him to block some shots and slash a bit. Now they need a thick guy to score about 7 in the post and get 12 rebounds - ideally at least 6'9". Josh Southern would be perfect, but apparently he's not thinking Michigan very much now either.

Welcome to Detroit...Oregon. Home to Detroit Lake and nothing else.
    Phil Nelson committed to the University of Washington and has signed a letter of intent.

Sadly, that is all I have to add to this thread.
    [img]i17.tinypic.com/5z1kqq8.gif[/img]

+ Reply to Thread