+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 95
FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoops recruiting/HS basketball

Gators in the South, Spartans in the North representin'
    I haven't had a chance to see Tucker since I'm down here in the sunshine state, but everything I've seen on rivals has been impressive. That would be a nice pickup.

Dar

Quote Originally Posted by bball11
    http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=17...=1101&T=525244

A very interesting conversation about Dar Tuckers future. Michigan is in the conversation and a hint of him walking on at State.

Video of Mojo's Vermont visit.
    http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp...av=menu183_4_3
    Not happenin'. Promises have been made to incoming players. Dar would be llooked upon as an interloper. He's a great kid too by all accounts but he had his offer and dilly-dallied and others stepped up. The Mojo thing is complicated. He, if he were to stay, graduates this year with a year of elgibility left. If I have this understood correctly,this frees up a schollie. It is also my understanding that there may be "qualifying issues" presently with Dar. I'm with Tre on this one. No room at the Inn. Could be a prep school dealio though and some Green & White the following year?? I'll be watching.

Mojo is as good as gone says greenandwhite.com who is going to get his scholarship..... An 08 or 09 player

Quote Originally Posted by bball11
    Mojo is as good as gone says greenandwhite.com who is going to get his scholarship..... An 08 or 09 player
    Whoever it is will be a huge upgrade. When MoJo was brought in, MSU was a little down in terms of recruiting. Now that MoJo is leaving, MSU happens to be one of the hottest if not the hottest program in the country in terms of recruiting therefore MoJo will be replaced with a 4 or 5 star player. Great news, good luck to him.

If anyone else checked the new team bball rankings on rivals, did you feel msu was a little underrated?

I just checked out the new rankings and they all look fine to me, but I had a question for Sparties.....

Whatever happened to J.J. Hickson? I know he was from Chris Allen's area and I know he had interest in MSU but I see that he is going to hang out with Glenn's boy Sid Lowe in North Carolina. Was it simply a scholarship issue or did they not want to scare off Rowe? Also, what ever happened to Tom Herzog's academic scholarship that he had last year? I remember Tre saying that Herzog was crazy smart and was getting an academic schollie.

Quote Originally Posted by FillyCheezeSteak
    I just checked out the new rankings and they all look fine to me, but I had a question for Sparties.....

Whatever happened to J.J. Hickson? I know he was from Chris Allen's area and I know he had interest in MSU but I see that he is going to hang out with Glenn's boy Sid Lowe in North Carolina. Was it simply a scholarship issue or did they not want to scare off Rowe? Also, what ever happened to Tom Herzog's academic scholarship that he had last year? I remember Tre saying that Herzog was crazy smart and was getting an academic schollie.
    I followed Hickson a little, but not enough to know the scoop on him. I do know that Roe was option #1, #2, #3, etc.. They wanted him more than anybody else. Herzog wasn't the only one that could have possibly received an academic scholarship, there was more talk about Naymick I believe. I think he's carrying like a 3.9 or something. They were looking into that option to free up more room last year. But now that isn't needed at all. They don't need anyone else coming in. The roster is going to be a little overloaded as it is in the next couple of years.

Question - what's to keep a team from taking the bright kids and giving them the academic scholarship all the time? Beyond that, what about padding the academic accomplishments of the halfway decent kids and giving them that scholarship? I'm asking this for both football and basketball. I realize this is the hoops thread, but I'll give an example from football. The stud TE that just committed to UM has a 4.2 GPA. Why in the world would Lloyd use a fball scholarship if he can get the kid all the same benefits with an academic scholarship and keep an extra fball scholarship? And where does the NCAA draw the line?
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    Question - what's to keep a team from taking the bright kids and giving them the academic scholarship all the time? Beyond that, what about padding the academic accomplishments of the halfway decent kids and giving them that scholarship? I'm asking this for both football and basketball. I realize this is the hoops thread, but I'll give an example from football. The stud TE that just committed to UM has a 4.2 GPA. Why in the world would Lloyd use a fball scholarship if he can get the kid all the same benefits with an academic scholarship and keep an extra fball scholarship? And where does the NCAA draw the line?
    To that add this: What if a kid is a great afleet, and his mom and pops are loaded, so they don't have a problem paying the kid's tuition so he doesn't take up a scholarship?
    I know that's weird, but maybe they even have a philanthropy bone, and realize some kid who is poor but maybe wouldn;t get a scholarship that their kid would take.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

A kid has to have attended the school for one year already to get the academic schollie, and can't have recieved athletic money(I think).

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

+ Reply to Thread