+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 95
1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoops recruiting/HS basketball

Hoops recruiting/HS basketball

Ok, check this out.
    Last night there was a tournament in Saginaw with three games. I went with Mood, Tre and Tre's future brother-in-law to the games. Several college coaches were in attendance - mostly assistants but of course Izzo was in the house. Yeah, I was in full U-M garb and walked by him to sit down (sat 2 rows behind him) and he reaches out and shakes my hand. I later told him he needed to let Michigan get Kalin Lucas.

Which brings me to the real story. The third game was Saginaw Arthur Hill vs Orchard Lake St Mary's, in other words, Dar Tucker vs Kalin Lucas. Let me just say that these 2 are legit. Arthur Hill won when Lucas barely missed a game-tying shot.
    Dar can ball, but he's in his own head a lot. He scored the first 7 points with ease, then went to the line 4 times, then never did anything else until late in the third quarter. He was jawing with the officials, the other team, and himself all night. Easily irritated. But he can sky and he can shoot the deep ball.
    Lucas started slow but was amazing. Tre compared him to Reggie Bush on a basketball court. I say he's the high school equivalent of Iverson in terms of flat out speed and movement. The difference is he doesn't jack up 80 bad shots. We're talking spin moves, jukes, freezing guys and breaking ankles, driving, dishing, decent shot, everything. It was an amazing show.
    Michigan and Michigan State are both gunning for these kids, with State almost certain to get Tucker and Michigan feeling Tucker too but looking more at Lucas being the PG to play with Alex Legion and DeShawn Sims. Tight game. Feel it. Lucas played against Legion a few nights earlier. Playa certainly faces some serious competition.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Please State get Lucas because we are not winning a title with drew Nietzel as our god damn PG.

I posted something about this in the other thread.

MSU leads for Lucas right now but it is real early and if UM makes the tourney, things will be bright for Michigan.

Also not to be downplayed, but Legion and Lucas are real close, and Dionte Allen (big time CB, people talking CW comparsion on the UM recruit boards) is the reason Lucas is at OLSM and Allen is about as close to being a lock to UM as one can get without a verbal. I expect him to verbal early spring to help Michigan recruit other studs, but back to B-Ball.

Allen, Lucas and Legion all very good friends and it would not surprise me in the least bit that they all go to college together.

Art

Lucas is tighter with Durrell Summers, who is just about a MSU lock. So the friendship thing can be stated either way.

I am so pissed that I missed that OLSM DCD game earlier this week. I wanted to see Lucas and Legion play...Rumor has it that neither really played well though.

Yeah from everything I heard, the big time player was the center from OLSM (could be thinking of wrong team). He was a man among boys down low.

Art
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

With Naymick more than likely redshirting, it's looking like Izzo will have three scholarships for the 2007 class. With those three slots he's looking to nab a point guard and two wings. If I had to guess who his wishlist would include, I'd have to say:

PG- Kalin Lucas
    SG- Durrell Summers
    SG- Chris Allen

And right now it's looking pretty good for all three. I hope that trend continues.

The main thing UM has going for them is depth at the guard spots. Lucas could come in and get a lot more playing time, which is one of his concerns.

Art
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

Quote Originally Posted by JackTalkThai
    With Naymick more than likely redshirting, it's looking like Izzo will have three scholarships for the 2007 class. With those three slots he's looking to nab a point guard and two wings. If I had to guess who his wishlist would include, I'd have to say:

PG- Kalin Lucas
    SG- Durrell Summers
    SG- Chris Allen

And right now it's looking pretty good for all three. I hope that trend continues.
    No mention of Dar Tucker? Come on! He's the closest one of any to being a State lock.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34

No mention of Dar Tucker? Come on! He's the closest one of any to being a State lock.
    Call it an educated guess and personally I think Summers is the greater lock even though he probably won't verbal until after the season.

And on the Lucas front, it's sounding like his affinity for MSU is growing. That would be a HUGE blow to Amaker who seems to be having some difficulties recruiting point guards (and big men for that matter). Which I don't exactly understand why?! I'm not saying that Lucas is a must-get recruit for Tommy, but considering the departures over the next two seasons and the fact that there's really no obvious back-up plan...it's pretty damn close.

+ Reply to Thread