+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by GotCrotty?
    Well, if you celebrate a christian holiday while not being christian, according to you, I can go celebrate Hannakah and hell why don't I even fast for Rammadan?

I'm not Jewish or Muslim, but what the hell?
    Christmas is not truly christian.

READ MY POSTS!!!!!!!
    k

Quote Originally Posted by koolaid

READ MY POSTS!!!!!!!
    Even though the roots of Christmas lies in Pagan tradition, it is usually looked at as an Christian holiday. Part of the reason is due to the fact that few outside of North America and Europe/Russia celebrate it and part due to the fact the most people don't know about the Pagan roots.

Quote Originally Posted by H1Man
    Quote Originally Posted by koolaid

READ MY POSTS!!!!!!!
    part due to the fact the most people don't know about the Pagan roots.
    which is exactly what my thread was about. I'm starting think people just don't want to acknowledge the roots.
    k

koolaid - it's obvious people can't read or research this topic on their own.

You might have to provide links so all they have to do is click, but then again why bother when people can't even read.

Props to you for bringing knowledge though.

Hope you had a good week
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

I think Christmas is not truly Christian because so many people have turned it into a commercial holiday. Many, if not most, non-Christians celebrate the commercial side of Christmas every year. And Koolaid, you're right, it isn't the exact date of Christs birth, mainly because no one knows that exact date. So the date was picked.

Does that make it non-Christian? No. It's still originally based off of the birth of Christ. It is used by ACTUAL Christians to celebrate his birth. Many Christians will go to a Christmas eve and/or and Christmas day service, non-Christians do not.

If you're saying that Christmas is celebrated by non-Christians and Christians alike, then you're correct. But there are still people out there who celebrate it for what it was originally meant it to be celebrated for.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

I do not fully know the roots/origin of it all, so I won't comment on whether it's christian or not.

But, I do get pissed off when people try to politically correct all that stuff and say Holiday Tree or crap like that. I don't make Hanuka people call it a holiday candelobra or anything. Call it a Menora if you want, I don't care. You're not making me celebrate it, so who cares?

If someone at a store says "have a good night" and I'm pissed off and what to have a lowsy night, oh well. I don't tell here she can't wish me a good night do I? You either ignore it or wish them a good night too. What's so damn hard about that?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artermis
    Have kids and show them what Christmas is all about.

We make our kid donate one toy he gets to kids who otherwise would not be getting anything.

You cannot make a holiday better by being assholes, but by showing people what it is all about.

Art
    good point.

but most people much rather fall in line with the mass society. this happens on most things in life. most parents dont want to teach their kids about the holidays and their meaning. and the ones that do usually teach them to dislike/hate it.

either way... if someone knows nothing about christmas, knows about it but cops an atitude about how other people celebrate it, swear a crusade against it because because they dont believe in it, or just flat out doesnt care for it. thats on them.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

What a gay thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade

the body is a temple ain't it?

some preacher needs to tell her to pop a slimfast and at least look at a toothbrush.
    k

+ Reply to Thread