+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 126
FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 ... LastLast

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Blog Entries
    IT'S THE YETTAY!

Blog Entries
    Some of these would be better in the Old Tyme Rasslin Thread.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Please tell me the rumors that "Macho Man" Randy Savage has died are untrue, P.

Blog Entries
    Wow, this blows.

Blog Entries
    The Mulkeys did it. And you are all to blame.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Was just over on wwe.com to check out the Savage stuff and saw a pic of Kane without the mask on. Not really what I had imagined.
    Find a new slant.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    I'm just here to pay my respects.

I'm sure you are all aware Randy Savage did in fact die.

Another guy I grew up watching is gone - not many reasons left to care about wrestling.

WWE is still all about Cena/Orton - and the boring stories have nothing to do with a PG rating. You can make it interesting by not having 2 Supermen beat everyone no matter what! How about they lose to a cheating heel and struggle to get their win back?

TNA is still fucking useless - even with Ken Anderson as champ. They still can't book a decent fucking show, still can't push Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Matt Morgan and The Pope in a legit main event way.

They can push Bully Ray as a legit main event level heel though - I guess being a star in the mid 1990's still counts for something in TNA.

Brightside for wrestling is that certain young guys are being pushed in WWE and TNA. Time will tell if they can break through and mean something long term. Given all I've read and seen over the past 5 years I don't like their chances though, and that sucks.

Wrestling is fairly easy to book and it's fairly easy to create characters that people respond to.

WWE won't risk doing anything new while they have millions and millions of kids hooked on Cena... and Orton brings in a lot of teen male fans.

TNA is held back by ego and the Russo/Hogan/Bischoff factors.

It's a shame Paul Heyman didn't get 100% approval from Dixie Carter mid 2010 - he has stated more than once "if you're over 40 I would chop your fucking head off" because having ONE legend on the roster is brilliant... having 6 or so is stupid...

Heyman's example: Stick 50 Megan Fox look-a-likes in a room. Stick ONE fat blonde chick in the room....

Let 10 (or 1000) people sneak a look into that room and then ask them what stuck out the most...

Would it be the 50 Megan Fox look-a-likes? NO! It would be the lone fat blonde chick - because we notice things that are different!

TNA has a bunch of young guys that can wrestle and talk, they have Kurt Angle.... how fucking hard is it? Obviously it's impossible because if you go back and read this thread TNA has been a massive disappointment for years!
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Blog Entries
    I can see Captain Karl wearing one of those.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread