+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 126
FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 ... LastLast

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    Well, TNA continue to fuck this up and it's not looking good IMO.

How hard is it to book a wrestling show that is everything WWE is not?

Rule #1 should be the matches have to be better and longer than Raw's.

Rule #2 should be to keep the backstage segments/bullshit to a minimum.

Rule #3 should be to highlight the cruiserweight, female and tag team divisions since WWE do not highlight any of that.

What does TNA do?

They have short ass matches and after every single one they have some post match angle. The matches are therefore meaningless because TNA has trained their fans to wait for the post-match angle.

TNA also have a ton of segments and backstage bullshit going on in every show. Why? Can't they advance the storyline without the post-match angle and the backstage segments?

Why can't a guy be a guest on commentary like WWE uses (it works, is a good idea so steal it). And when 2 guys have a beef they don't have to brawl on every show. Have them exchange trash talk from afar.

And the cruisers, females and tag teams all get stiffed while TNA drags another old time legend or some other dude that is only there to cash in on his name.

TNA has no idea how to use Rob Van Dam. RVD knows it - but signs anyway cause it's easy money.

Fuck 'em.

Wrestlemania is on this Sunday and it will kill whatever TNA plans to do on Monday - the fallout from Mania Raw episode is always a huge show.
    Isn't the TNA creative staff all 80's and 90's WWF(E) veterans?

If I ran the show, I'd use backstage cameras like reality TV cameras, posted everywhere. Then, if shit goes down have a camera crew rush over there -- right in the middle of the fucking match, and preferably the shit has something to do with the participants of the match! This would keep viewer interest, since you have no idea what's about to happen at any given moment.

But whadda I know. I'm just a cartoonist.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyMcLain View Post
    Isn't the TNA creative staff all 80's and 90's WWF(E) veterans?

If I ran the show, I'd use backstage cameras like reality TV cameras, posted everywhere. Then, if shit goes down have a camera crew rush over there -- right in the middle of the fucking match, and preferably the shit has something to do with the participants of the match! This would keep viewer interest, since you have no idea what's about to happen at any given moment.

But whadda I know. I'm just a cartoonist.
    So you're trying to steal my idea of a roving camera crew/hidden cameras?

The fact is it's a brilliant idea and hasn't been done before to the extent I'd do it.

And TNA's creative team is a clusterfuck or Vince Russo, Ed Ferrera, some younger dude I can't remember his name (not a wrestler). Bischoff overlooks the stuff, Hogan would have a say and it's highly likely that guys like Flair, Nash, Foley and Jarrett have some kind of input too.

I'm all for having a bunch of guys throw around ideas but you need to have some kind of direction you're heading in and a payoff at the end of the story.

And right now it seems they're still throwing as much shit at the wall as possible hoping something works.

It's been months! The approach isn't working.

And the worst thing in TNA? I have a feeling this whole "Hogan won't wrestle cause he promised his kids" thing is to generate sympathy for him from the crowd, who will then chant for him to wrestle "One Last Match" and in that match he'll either beat AJ Styles for the title or he'll beat Sting to get his win back from 1997.

It's an ego fueled story that is designed to get Hulk Hogan over with the TNA crowd! The guy is damn near dead and their top story involves him! If they spent half as much time pushing the younger guys maybe the show wouldn't suck monkey spunk
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

LOL. I've had that idea for a while. If you look back in the past posts of this topic, you'll find it under MY name.

I'm sure it's a great idea many people have had, and I'm shocked it hasn't been incorporated yet.

It was announced recently that TNA is in bad financial shape. They simply don't get it that, though it costs a small fortune to trek an army across the land, that a traveling show can be extremely profitable. Like a rock tour, ticket sales make up for the expenses, which leaves merchandise sales as pure profit.

If you hit up an arena that seats 10,000, and you fill 9,000 seats at $25 a pop, that's approx $225,000 on one show. Do it once a month, and keep it on the east coast to stem traveling costs. Toss in a boatload of show-specific merchandise (you can only get it at the arena) that fans will sop up, and you've got yourself a tidy sum of money.

OK, well we lost all the stuff I posted about TNA, Hogan, Bischoff, Flair and WWE pushing young talent.

I really vcouldn't giv a fuck about TNA anymore - I barely check their results or news at all. Same for WWE

The industry is in dire need of a change to the tv product and no one seems able to see it. The longer it takes to change the stronger UFC becomes...

And while it would be easy for me to sit here and break down a 2 hour show into 8 quarter hour blocks and book/write stuff for every single quarter hour the fact remains peeps get paid a lot of fucking coin to do that job and I ain't one of them...

So fuck TNA, fuck WWE and until I feel the urge to wate 5 mins on this thread it's as done as the Spurs...

lmao - you replied to that? Why? If you don't care then don't read the topic, dude

no, I was just thankful that you're not going to waste more time on those plotlines no one reads

Well, if you only spend 5 mins I guess it's not too terrible.

Dude, how hard do you think it is to come up with a story outline featuring 1 good guy vs 1 bad guy?

Less than 5 minutes, man!

The key to any movie, tv show or entertainment in general is the characters. If a wrestling company actually built long lasting characters then the stories would be the easy part

Blog Entries
    What's your favorite match of all time, 'roah?

I think the Bret Hart vs Steve Austin match at some Mania was fucking killer due to the double turn after Austin simply passed out and didn't quit...

I think Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle at Mania is pretty much a classic

I think Ric Flair vs Rick Steamboat from 1989 (they had 3 major matches that year - pick 1) is on the same level as the above...

I don't think you can seperate one of those and say without a doubt it's the best match ever - but all 3 would be included in the discussion...

and maybe some I didn't mention... i ain't into it much anymore and would have to go back through the years and watch

+ Reply to Thread