+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 126
FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Professional Wrestling

How has Mir gone against Brock since? Have they fought in a rematch now that Brock is Champ?

From everything I've read Brock seems to thrive in the UFC - he's too big, too strong and his legit wrestling skills fuck dudes up.

Bobby Lashley is doing the same thing outside UFC - he's probably trying to build a fanbase/create enough buzz to land a shot at Lesnar without ever facing quality guys in UFC competition.

The buyrate for a legit Lashley v Lesnar fight could/would be huge if UFC advertised it right and if the undercard didn't suck. Just think of all the wrestling fans that would order that fight!!!
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

I liked when that dude slammed that other dude who turned out to be a chick and then the dude who did the slamming was also a chick but who the fuck could tell.

That was good watchin'.
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh
    How has Mir gone against Brock since? Have they fought in a rematch now that Brock is Champ?

From everything I've read Brock seems to thrive in the UFC - he's too big, too strong and his legit wrestling skills fuck dudes up.

Bobby Lashley is doing the same thing outside UFC - he's probably trying to build a fanbase/create enough buzz to land a shot at Lesnar without ever facing quality guys in UFC competition.

The buyrate for a legit Lashley v Lesnar fight could/would be huge if UFC advertised it right and if the undercard didn't suck. Just think of all the wrestling fans that would order that fight!!!
    Mir and Lesnar fight June 11th. And Lashley unlike Brock is actually trying to become a legit fighter. He's slowly building his way up as a legitimate heavyweight. He's 4-0 now. If he can beat 3 more legit guys, then I think the UFC will sign him. It's gonna take that long because he was never as big of a name as Lesnar so he's not a huge draw.

Big Trade for WWE announced on Raw/WWE.com:

Moving to the Raw roster:
    Gail Kim
    Alicia Fox
    Jack Swagger
    Evan Bourne
    Mark Henry

Moving to the SmackDown roster:
    Matt Hardy
    Finlay
    The Hart Dynasty - David Hart Smith, Tyson Kidd, and Natalya

Moving to the ECW roster:
    Shelton Benjamin
    Goldust
    William Regal
    Brie & Nikki Bella

Christian got screwed again! Other than Shelton and Christian what does ECW have now? Vince killed it cause it shit all over RAW.

At least the Hart Dynasty goes to SD - that should be awesome with their creative team. Hardy and Finlay replace Shelton as the resident mid card dude who creative forgets about.

You can make trades in wrestling?

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Christian got screwed again! Other than Shelton and Christian what does ECW have now? Vince killed it cause it shit all over RAW.

Hey, they still have Zach Rider and Vladimir Kozlov. lol

Wow, ECW got raped badly. I guess getting high ratings is a bad thing.....

Now, Vince is gonna lose money with ECW cuz nobody wants to watch a show with Christian vs. random no-name. They broke up the World's GGreatest Tag Team too....fuckers. And Goldust and William Regal on ECW? WTF.

Did Pharaoh get his tix for the WWE Aussie Tour?

No, I didn't. They aren't coming to Cairns. I would have to drive or fly to Brisbane to see a show.

Not that it matters - I wouldn't pony up money to see them anyway.

And MoTown they made the "trade" between Brands because RAW is complete shit. So instead of the creative team actually doing their job and putting young guys into positions to be elevated they simply steal them from ECW.

ECW made the mistake of being a good show with good wrestling. It's supposed to be the "C" show, not the "B".

Anyway, I don't really care since Shelton gets another shot at a main spot on ECW and SD just got a little better with the Harts.

Sucks to be Charlie Haas though. He's likely to be released within 6 months.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.

Lashley will have to do the same thing Kimbo is gonna have to do. Prove to Dana White that he can fight real fighters and be marketable. Lashley has a legit wrestling background, so it could happen. Kimbo also taking the fall in a match is something that may have turned Dana White off a lil' from signing him. But he did allow him to get a shot via the ultimate fighter reality show competition. If he gets through that he's in the ufc.

July 11th is their rematch. Both fighters have improved, But Mir has improved further adding striking technique to his game and keeping himself in much better shape these days. Blavk belt in Brazilian Jujitsu, and probably turning the best submission guy in the ufc.

Also this is a unification bout. Mir has the Interim Title and Brock has the original belt that Mir had to give up because of injury.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

+ Reply to Thread