+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 126
FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Thanatos
    Smackdown's main event is going to be pretty awesome. "Rage in the Cage" featuring Y2J/Rey/Hardy/Edge. RAW cannot touch that.
    Raw IS HHH. Slamming Orton in the head with the trunk of his limo. He SHOULD have punted Orton in the head right there in the lot!!! But, he's a face, and face's don't do that, right? But, this feud is beyond right or wrong, and drop kicking Orton's melon would've taken it all up another notch.... with 6 days to go until The Bash.

TNA = Redneck bullshit... they can't tell a joke, write decent lyrics, OR (it seems) book a wrestling show. Can somebody from civilization (a.k.a., a metropolitan city) please buy this company and boot these fucking rednecks back to the trailer park where they belong???!!

Smackdown. All good.... even the Melina/Michelle McCool shit is interesting.

P, I'm curious. Stephanie McMahon is in charge of creative. Is that for BOTH shows, or just the show her hubby is on? It seemed that Smackdown "suddenly" improved once HHH switched over. I was thinking that maybe Steph switched over with him.

Hardy and Punk should drag out their feud for awhile. That would be awesome. Put them in a ladder match, then a cage match, and then hell in a cell.

Stephanie is the head of the entire Creative team, but that doesn't mean she writes anything. I'm sure she does write some stuff, just not sure what.

I did a search and I discovered that apparently Michael Hayes (racist/redneck) is the head writer on SD. Big Dick Johnson, the crappy wrestler/stripper they bring out on random occasions is another writer with influence.

Khali's manager is a writer, too.

Steph, Triple H and others can influence every show but at the end of the day Vince McMahon calls every shot and you would have to think that at this point a guy like Edge is well and truely established as one of the Top 3 or 4 guys in all of WWE.

As long he remains on SD he will be the franchise.

It should be noted that Hayes, while a racist (Lashley, Mark Henry, Krystal situations are evidence) is a big reason why Edge has been pushed as much as he has been in the past 5 years.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    I take it no one is watching UFC 100? first pay per view i might actually buy. Lesnar vs Mir is an interesting match.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Definitely watching UFC 100. Didn't think anyone else here was an MMA fan, otherwise I would've started an MMA thread.

I was a fan when it first hit and Shamrock was worth a damn. Afer he fell off i got bored with the strikers. I gotta say frank mir has got me back into the sport. His brazilian jujitsu submission technique is pretty damn special. Brock Lesnar was whooping his ass, but in the process of his wild attacks left just a foot open to Mir, and that was all he needed to force the tap.

^

Striking is cool, but nothing is more hardcore than breaking a stubborn no tapping tough guy's arm.

Mir is a beast when he's on his game.
    ^

Can't do sanctioned MMA.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Thanatos
    Can't do sanctioned MMA.
    huh?

I liked it back when it was un-sanctioned. No rules.

+ Reply to Thread