+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 126
FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 ... LastLast

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Apparently when Kofi Kingston came to the ring for the opening match on RAW Lilian Garcia announced him as the Intercontinental champion.

LMAO! He's the U.S. champion. But, it's just another mid-card title, right?

Kofi then beat Regal in about 2 minutes of a NON-Title match! So the Champ wins the match? Non-title matches are usually used so the challenger builds up some steam heading into the feud.

Kofi is over - that's why they made him champ. Regal ain't over - so give him a cheap win with the brass knuckles or by pulling the tights or something.

I find it hard to believe that the same company that produces Smackdown can produce shit like RAW. Even ECW is better!!!

Vince needs to wake the fuck up and realise that by making every RAW wrestler weak Triple H and Stephanie are killing the brand, not making Trips look strong.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Also on RAW they continued the Chris Jericho/Goldberg storyline from 1997...

oh, what? Wrong year? Wrong company? Wrong show?

Now I get it - The Miz is challenging John Cena! Right. And Cena never turns up! And if he does show up The Big Show shows up and beats down Cena!

Oh my, how clever! Fuck this shit. The only good thing about this shit is the fact I got to remind myself of the classic Jericho/Goldberg "feud" (and the fact that WCW refused to put them against each other on PPV was the final nail in the coffin for Jericho)

I do think they are trying to get The Miz into the Main Event with these angles/segments - I just don't think it will work. He's great on the mic, he has a decent enough look, he carries himself like a headline heel but in the ring he just hasn't shown it yet. And does anyone believe Vince is gonna push a guy named "The Miz" over the moon? Recockulous name IMO

The fact they brought out Show indicates this was a trial run to see if Miz had created enough heat on himself to sell a Cena/Miz match. Guess what WWE Creative - put the match on PPV! The crowd are dying to see Miz get smashed.

If they do more stuff where Miz hits both Show and Cena with chairs you could actually turn Show in the process! The Miz is super, super over - now it's time to call him his real name and keep "The Miz" as a nickname.

Poor Vickie Guerrero - I don;t wanna go there but I will. She lost Eddie to this fucking company and now they have her go out there and take that shit from Edge? Yeah, yeah - it's all an act - but that doesn't mean you treat people like shit.

They could have done that segment a thousand different ways and not trashed her for her looks and still come to the same end game. They chose to take pot shots at her, cause Vince and his little yes men find that shit funny. Vince must miss High School!

And they follow the Edge/Vickie thing with "Capt WWE" John Cena, preaching his shit for the sake of all mankind! WTF? This is SHIT!

And then we get the UNIFIED tag champs on the show - WTF? Why didnt they get promo time? They're the fucking unified champs and no promo time? Why unify the titles if you're not gonna do shit with 'em? And it's non-title too. Ok, whatever. At least the heels won this match.

So we got a Matt Hardy v MVP match with no hype, and the unified tag non title match got no hype, and the opening match (Kofi v Regal US non title) obviously got no hype...

Is it any wonder why people don;t give a fuck about this show?

The focus is on Miz, Cena, Show (good), Legacy/Batista (good) Santino and the freaks, the crap women wrestlers (at least use ones that can fight), Vickie which is all bad.

The mid card is completely forgotten. Why?

And for all reading this the Raw main "event" is exactly how you steal the thunder, ladies and gents.

The hottest star on Raw = The Miz. What did he do on Raw? He smashed the #1 hero with a chair. And he bashed the "World's Largest Athlete" with a chair.

But Triple H is better than that! He smashed not 1 guy, not 2 guys, but 3 guys and he not only used a sledgehammer he also used a chair!!!

And while big bad mucle man Batista couldn't stop the 3 bad guys, Triple H could trump them all cause he's The Man!

What utter, utter fucking bullshit!

How did Triple H know to arrive in the ambulance at that moment? How did he get an ambulance? Why was he arriving at Raw so late? This situation brings up a ton of questions but the only 1 that matters is:

1) Why does Triple H continue to shit all over the company he is technically part owner of?

To shit on Miz and Orton and Legacy (again) and slow their roll doesn't make him strong.

He's Triple H. The pop he got tells you how strong people think he is.

By ALWAYS beating the heels at their own game he makes the heels look weak, useless and stupid.

A hero doesn't have to be strong to beat a stupid, useless weakling, does he?

And just to show you why I am so frustrated with the WWE product and have been telling you all to watch TNA for a bit...

Talent on WWE books (and only 4 they coulda/shoulda kept)

RAW: Only gotta book 2 hours

Triple H
    John Cena
    Batista
    Shawn Michaels
    Randy Orton
    The Miz
    Kofi Kingston
    Mr. Kennedy (should have ktp him no matt what)
    MVP
    Matt Hardy
    The Big Show
    Jamie Noble (stop the comedy - he can actually wrestle)
    Steven Regal (another dude who can have a quality match)

That's 13 single wrestlers, all with the ability to have a good match and/or cut a good promo and/or be real value to the show.

ECW: Only have a 1 hour show

Tommy Dreamer (only on the list cause he's now champ)
    Christian
    Jack Swagger
    Finaly
    Evan Bourne (where is he?)
    Elijah Burke (they screwed this up big time)
    Davey Hart Smith and Tyson Kidd

Smackdown: Only gotta book 2 hours (and do it well)

Edge
    CM Punk
    Jeff Hardy
    Chrs Jericho
    Rey Mysterio
    The Undertaker
    Mark Henry
    John Morrison
    Shelton Benjamin
    Ron Killings (= R-Truth: What's Up? Your time, motherfucker)
    Umaga (should have kept him no matter what)
    Dolph Ziggler (shit name - dude has potential though)

And if you want tags:

The Colons, Kendrick and Paul London (should not have been released), Cryme Time (they're over with the crowd) Rhodes and DiBiase and The Hart Trilogy.

You want chicks?

Beth Phoenix
    Gail Kim
    Victoria (should have kept her no matter what)
    Mickie James
    Maryse
    Michelle McCool (shagging the Undertaker so she'll get a push)
    Melina
    Kelly Kelly

How on Earth can WWE the company that beat damn near every single "regional" promoter into submission in the 1980's, dominated for 10 years before sucking and then recovered to not only defeat but kill ECW and WCW put out SHIT like we've been seeing the last few years?

They have all the talent they need signed, sealed and delievered (the fact I only added recently released guys/girls like Kennedy, Umaga, Victoria and 2 others [Burke/London] tells you all you need to know about their talent roster.

They're Zeke's Knicks - all talent YET no fucking idea.

Just give Paul Heyman $2 mil per and he'll fix this shit in 6 months, if it takes him that long! Fuck!

Pharaoh, I agree. WWE is screwing shit up. They need to do quite a few things.

For Raw:
    Bring over Edge, Christian, and Rey Misterio. Get rid of Cena and Orton and send them to Smackdown. Their faces in the main events of the show are starting to get boring. Bring over Undertaker. Now that Rhodes and Orton are gone, DiBiase can become a face and get time in the IC/US title picture before eventually moving to Smackdown to develop into a main eventer.

For ECW:
    Bring in Jeff Hardy and CM Punk from Smackdown. Bring over Jamie Noble and Brian Kendrick from Raw. Bring in Cody Rhodes. ECW already has quite a few small guys on its roster, so you add a few more and you've got the capacity for some high intensity, fast paced action. With all the smaller guys, it would be a good way to get guys like Bourne, Ryder, and Kidd over with fans. I wanna see Gabriel and Bourne paired up.

For Smackdown: Bring in Orton and Cena. New faces on the show. That way, WWE can make these two jerk offs feud with eachother. Bring in Swagger to develop him as a star. Bring over Kofi Kingston to develop him into a main event talent. Bring over the Colons with the tag titles and make the belts exclusive to Smackdown. That leaves Cryme Time, Benjamin/Haas, and the Colons. Then, pair up Hawkins and Ziggler and Wang Yang with Funaki.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh
    He's Triple H. The pop he got tells you how strong people think he is.

By ALWAYS beating the heels at their own game he makes the heels look weak, useless and stupid.

A hero doesn't have to be strong to beat a stupid, useless weakling, does he?
    I don't agree. What I hate are the STUPID faces. Batista KNOWS a triple team is coming (he's looking around as Orton makes it to the ring), but when he finally has a chance to escape after breaking free, what does he do?... he tries to Batista Bomb Orton.

You've got an opening! Just RUN, motherfucker!!!!!

What I liked most about Austin is that he always seemed one step ahead. But he had some strong, smart heels against him. He simply out-witted them.

I enjoyed the HHH beatdown. But the execution was all wrong. You're right -- what the fuck was he doing in the ambulance? And, as he's "walking" to the ring, why doesn't Legacy just run into the crowd? Hell, they seemed scared enough. Don't stand in the fucking ring, waiting for a maniac with a sledgehammer as he slowly walks toward you. Now, if HHH sneaks into the ring behind Legacy unbeknownst to them, that would've been much better, and without the idiotic 10 count that was mysteriously stopped for no good reason.

What. The ref must've thought to himself "Awww, poor Batista is being held up by the slow paramedics. Maybe I should stop the count". Garbage.

Notice how, whichever brand HHH is on, the brand sucks balls? Smackdown blew hard when he was on it, and now Raw is the suspect brand. On the E:60 program dealing with the WWE, I noticed both HHH and Finlay in the Creative meeting. Now, I know Finlay is a trainer of some sort, and probably has a hand in the execution of the matches (I would think). As for HHH.... welp, I suppose he's there to support himself.

Also, LOL at the pulled chair shot to Orton's neck. HHH stopped about four inches too far away.... then decided to continue a little further at the last split second. Looked like shit.

And HHH's 1st match back will be for the strap. This Monday, on RAW, will be a four way dance(Show/Cena/Orton/HHH).

If HHH wins.....

Quit with the hating on HHH. It's not his fault that hes prob the most popular guy in the WWE not named Christian. He's a good wrestler, hes got the body of Adonis, and he's got mic skills. He deserves the belt....way more than douche bag Randy Orton.

I'd agree with you on that 1st part like four years ago, but not now. He's not that great anymore.

BTW, I love how the fans cheer Dreamer being champ and then also cheer when Christian puts him through a table. I don't think it's possible to get any more over than Christian is with wrestling fans. Dude couldn't be a heel if he tried cuz no matter what, people are gonna cheer for him.

+ Reply to Thread