+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 126
FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 ... LastLast

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Don't know who is gonna feud with Kofi - maybe they are pulling the plug on MVP's face run already?

As for the "Kennedy's release is a work" I agree that it seems far beyond WWE creative to do it - but you have to remember that this is the organisation that wrapped the Elimination Chamber in black sheeting so NO ONE outside of the wrestlers in each match knew that Edge lost a World Title and then would win a different World Title on the same show.

It's also the organisation that fooled everyone into thinking John Cena would not return at the Royal Rumble (whatever year it was) but there he was, entering at #30 and getting a MASSIVE face pop.

The Hardy thing is different, simply because they actually did fire him and had no intention of bringing him back. Hardy was fired because he posted the real life Edge/Lita stuff on the net.

Instead of wanting to do an angle with it Vince fired him! But the fans found out (again proving that the internet wrestling community is larger than Vince thought and has influence - Lesnar v Goldberg is another example) and starting chanting for Hardy every time Edge or Lita were on TV.

It got to the point that they had to bring in Hardy - just to stop the fans from fucking with Edge's push.

BTW, Vince can change his mind any time he wants. Christian left TNA and signed with WWE under the assumption that he would be re-introduced to WWE fans at the Rumble (Christian would attack Jeff Hardy and join up with Edge) and that it would be Christian v Jeff at Mania.

Vince thought too many people knew about it (which is true - everyone knew. There are posters saying "Welcome back Christian visible on the PPV) so he changed it to Matt Hardy attacking Jeff.

Christian got his return... on ECW lol
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

I'm glad Christian is on ECW. They have so many good young guys on that roster and Christian is so over with wrestling fans(possibly the most popular guy right now) that he has the ability to get all the young guys over.

Chris Masters has apparently resigned with WWE. Interesting since he has 2 strikes on the WWE Wellness Policy.........

Famous Bill Walton quotes:

"Shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

Christian on ECW is an insult to Christian.

Other than Jack Swagger there is no one for him to square off with on a "Main Event" level.

A match against Tyson Kidd might be good to watch, but Kidd is not in Christian's league and only Kidd could benefit from the match. Same goes for Evan Bourne & Davey Hart Smith.

A Christian v Dreamer battle might be fun, but it doesn't get Christian any closer to a real World Title. A Finlay v Christian battle doesn't do shit for either guy since both are already "over".

The ONLY hope for Christian is if he wins the next Money In The Bank match or leaves ECW via the next Draft. But even then he won't be a priority - Swagger is going to get the monster push (most likely on Smackdown) as soon as he leaves ECW. Where does that leave Christrian?

Unless Edge switches to RAW and Christian joins him via the Draft? Imagine Edge as RAW Champ and Christian with the MITB case! Interesting dynamic between the 2 "brothers" as they both would be chasing the title held by a face (Cena or Triple H)

IF Masters is going back to WWE then he needs to be squeaky clean cause 1 more failed test means he's gone/fired/dumped again.

I find it funny that he'd even accept an offer to go back. When the WWE told him to slim down and get off the juice he did. But when they brought him back on TV Triple H was scripted to mock Masters "disappearing muscles"

I remember that at the time cause people were going nuts, asking "what kind of message does that promo send to the wrestlers?"

I thought the message was "if all you've got is roided muscles you're not gonna get over". Masters never had much of a personality and his in-ring worked sucked. WWE tried to push him to the moon due to his body and it failed.

Maybe he's improved, maybe he hasn't. If he's coming back we'll find out soon enough

- Tommy Dreamwer ECW Champ
    - Batista wins the title......in SEVEN MINUTES......and was seriously injured in the match. YAY!
    - Jeff Hardy wins the title..........only to get PWNED by CM Punk.

Pharaoh, I agree that him on ECW is bad for himself. But it's GREAT for the ECW show and the rest of its roster.

If I were a writer for WWE, this is what I would do for next year's draft:

To Raw:
    Edge
    Christian
    Rey Misterio
    Undertaker
    Finlay
    Edge and Christian both would be good additions to Raw and have great mic skills. Finlay can re-unite with Hornswoggle and feud with Goldust. Misterio and Taker give the show a couple more face wrestlers. Gives them the versatility to use either Christian or HHH as both heel or face.

To ECW:
    Jeff Hardy
    CM Punk
    Two extreme rules type wrestlers. Turn one of them heel and enjoy the show.

To Smackdown:
    Jack Swagger
    John Cena
    Randy Orton
    Matt Hardy
    Cody Rhodes
    Get Cena and Orton off of Raw and onto Smackdown where they can feud. Also gets them away from DiBiase. Matt Hardy isn't a top level talent on Raw, but he's upper level on Smackdown. Develop Swagger on a slightly bigger show.

Umaga released today. Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo SEE YA.

Famous Bill Walton quotes:

"Shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

Wow, that sucks. TNA should sign him and Rosey to bring back 3 minute warning.

Kdawg: If I ran TNA I whould sign Umaga and have him join Samoa Joe and Taz as the Nation of (Domination) Violence.

That's a nice Draft you put together and really helps RAW rebound from it's current "worst show on TV" position.

Darth: I believe Tommy Dreamer's ECW title win was done just to "swerve" the internet fans. If you followed the Dreamer "Win title or Retire" story online then Vince got you AGAIN! Vince loves that shit. NO ONE thought Dreamer would win the title - so naurally it happened!

Batista wins the title [destroying Orton's heat and career momentum]......in SEVEN MINUTES......and was seriously injured in the match. YAY!

Was Batista injured in the match, or did he have the injury heading into it? And how the fuck is it possible for this guy to keep a job while Kennedy gets fired (maybe) for being injury prone and reckless and Umaga gets fired (likely a "Wellness" breach)?

In an age wheen wrestlers are slowly reducing in size Batista stays massive, despite being out of storylines due to injuries. If you as a fan are willing to "believe" that Batista is off injured shouldn't you also expect that when he returns he is not a massive muscle bound hulk? Wouldn't he get smaller cause he couldn't work out like he usually does?

Same with Scott Steiner...

Jeff Hardy wins the title..........only to get PWNED by CM Punk (because Hardy still hasn't signed a new contract and they didn't want Edge getting PWNED by Punk AGAIN!)

Think about it: If Edge retains and Punk cashes in it means that Edge has been "Punked" twice by the same dude - makes Edge look like a dumbass.

But if Punk cashes in v Hardy we can go in all kinds of directions. A face Punk could simply defend his choice to cash in by saying that it was his best chance to win the belt. If Hardy agrees that what Punk did was "smart" and the commentators shill it then the fans will buy it.

You then match Punk v Hardy up in a rematch, have Edge interfere to cost Hardy victory and go into a series of 3-way matches (or go to Punk v Edge while Hardy takes time off to "search his soul")

OR

Punk turns full blown heel on Friday Night - cutting a "real as it gets" promo (think back to the BOOM period - promos were half true and cut deep) about Hardy's drug and alcohol addictions, his TWO "Wellness" violations (one more strike and you're out), the time last year when a stewardess had to get security to remove Hardy from a plane because he was too drunk to be on-board for 2 hours ...

Anything and everything that Hardy has done that conflicts with the "Straight Edge" lifestyle that Punk lives and breathes each and every day.

That's a huge fucking feud IMO and naturally it's on Smackdown.

Raw killed itself by essentially destroying Legacy on the latest edition of Monday Night Raw. Triple H? Fuck! Can't we have someone else?

Anyone that thinks TNA sucks and RAW is good needs to see a shrink.

+ Reply to Thread