FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 ... LastLast

Thread: Professional Wrestling

WWE released Ken Kennedy. WTF?

Famous Bill Walton quotes:

"Shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

Quote Originally Posted by D's Nuts
    WWE released Ken Kennedy. WTF?
    Apparently he is injured again after being back for only 4 days. He injured his wrist in the 5 on 5 Main Event last week on RAW. There is also a rumor that he is a major liability to the other main wrestlers as he is labeled as one of the most "unsafe" wrestlers and has no business in the ring if he is only going to get guys injured.

Personally, I really liked his gimmick and thought he was a good wrestler, but if you're going to get everyone injured because you suck at your craft then get out!

Ken Kennedy? Who is that?

Before I start I wanna say that there are heaps of things that TNA does that piss me off, because I believe they have all the talent they need on their current roster but not the booking smarts to use it.

Denny, D'Nuts, Everyone: I believe TNA has characters that could re-create that feeling you guys used to have when watching Nitro and Raw. Those characters are Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, Sting and Mick Foley. The problem is that the creative team fuck it up. Joe's "I'm gonna kill you" bit is a prime example of the bookers having no fucking idea.

Everyone knows that Joe isn't gonna kill anyone. To make him say it once is stupid. To make him continue to repeat it over and over again is just fucking moronic.

Angle has serious cred stemming from his time in WWE. He also plays a good heel and face. He's over. He's capable of cutting awesome promos. His matches are usually top notch. So why is he lost in TNA?

Sting is a fucking Icon of the business. The only man to pin Flair and Hogan for World Titles. Everyone associates WCW with him (and Flair). He's over to such an extent that they couldn't turn him heel even when they surrounded him with Nash, Booker T, Steiner and Angle!! He can cut a great promo and his matches aren't shit.

Joe is the new breed. He can be a lot like the Steve Austin character that went supernova and made Vince into a billionaire. His promos can be good, his matches can be great and he has a different look than what people are used to.

Foley? He's Mick fucking Foley. Everyone (except kdawg) loves Mick. He's a Icon, people respect him, his promos can be great and his matches are memorable. Sure he's out of shape now, but if TNA was any kind of legit fucking company they would make him get into better shape in order to present the company in the best light.

Those 4 guys, with AJ Styles (too Southern right now to be a national figure) are the 5 guys you could build a promotion around and a World Title scene around. But TNA are too fucking stupid to work it out.

And if you need proof of TNA being fucking stupid...

Quote Originally Posted by kdawg32086
    The main event thing at sacrifice was dumb. They should've had it so Angle gets booted from the MEM if he gets pinned. This stuff about him staying in, but as a lesser character within the stable is a garbage idea. Kinda ruins the whole "sacrifice" theme. At least the British Invasion didn't win the tag tournament.
    Exactly right Kdawg. While I disagree that the stipulation was dumb I agree that it was poorly executed on the night. I mentioned this earlier:

Foley put the title on the line
    Jarrett put his "shares" on the line
    Sting put his career on the line
    Angle put his position of "Godfather" in the Main Event Mafia on the line.

The way it's worded gives TNA an out and allows them to stupidly keep Angle in MEM. But before we even get there...

Explain to me why Jarrett bashes Sting during the Sacrifice main event? Explain to me why Foley bashes Sting? Explain why Angle bashes him?

I understand them all attacking Angle - by taking control of MEM they can make them disband, kick Angle out, do whatever they want with MEM.

I understand them all wanting to pin Foley - you win the belt by pinning him.

I understand them all wanting to pin Jarrett - you get some control of the whole company.

But why the FUCK does Angle wanna retire Sting? They're in the MEM together and are the top 2 guys. Without Sting the Mafia isn't as powerful.

Foley, as majority shareholder in TNA should not want to retire an asset like Sting. Jarrett as the "other" shareholder shouldn't wanna retire Sting either.

TNA failed to sell the idea that Foley, Jarrett and Angle all valued their own shit more than they valued Sting's presence on the roster. And that's why people found it "dumb"

Now, back to keeping Angle in MEM: Why the fuck would the creative team do that? Have Sting toss him out, claiming that Angle only wants control of TNA and doesn't care about "respect" (which is the issue the Frontline v MEM feud was started over).

Angle then forms his own group, grabbing Matt Morgan (who has stated he wants to join MEM on TV) and that could lead to a Steiner/Sting v Angle/Morgan PPV match. In that match Steiner turns on Sting and joins Angle and Morgan.

Now you have a 3 v 3 battle with Sting, Booker and Nash as the good guys fighting off the arrogant heels (Angle, Steiner, Morgan). Morgan would benefit in a big way just from being associated with these guys.

While that was going on you could have Joe win the King of the Mountain match at Slammiversary and go on to square off against AJ Styles, while Foley and Jarrett battle over control of TNA.

There's at least 3 months of storylines.

TNA can steal it if they have a clue.

BTW, I would love to see Kennedy in TNA, but I wouldn't advise him to sign with them because the creative team is fucked. He's a talent, even if he's injury prone. Maybe the lighter TNA schedule wuld help him...
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

I don't hate Foley lol....I just hate the way they're using him. I think it would be better if Jarrett was the dick, not Foley. Jarrett makes a GREAT heel(or a face)....Foley not so much. I think Jarrett can pull off shades of gray, but not Foley.

My mistake, kdawg.

I agree they are mis-using him, but I could claim that they are mis-using most of their talented roster.

On a 2 hour episode of Impact why don't we get a 15 minute X Division Match featuring Sabin or Shelley or Lethal or Creed or Suicide or Daniels or Young or Homicide or Bashir?

Why is TNA content to let these guys blow through a 2 minute spotfest when the Division is something that makes them different from WWE and should be used as an asset.

Why is a tag team like Sabin and Shelley not given a run with the belts? I'm sick of seeing Team 3D in the main event slot of the tag division. I love the fact that Doug Williams is being used, but what is the aim of the Bristish Invasion? Why are they mad?

As for the main event spots I have no fucking idea what TNA creative is thinking. This Joe/Taz alliance thing isn't what it could be, the Foley/Jarrett feud isn't what it could be, the Sting/Angle dissention in the Mafia bit isn't what it could be and where the fuck does AJ Styles and Matt Morgan figure into this shit?

And while I'm whining why the fuck is Abyss being wasted on Dr. Stevie Richards when he should be going one on one with a "hardcore" Mick Foley in falls count anywhere matches. Foley could really teach Abyss some good shit (like actually having some action inbetween spots and the art of making those huge bumps mean something)

Fuck TNA's creative.

Get a clue, read a Be The Booker thread on a website or steal someone's ideas - that company has all the talent it needs in front of the camera. It's just a shame the creative team can't figure out a way to utilise it better.

BTW, there is some talk going around that the firing of Mr. Kennedy is a work.

WWE either released details of a backstage push and shove between Kennedy and Orton after Raw (due to the botched suplex) or some dude backstage gave the details to a website.

Either way the push and shove, wrist injury and injured past of Kennedy all is supposed to equal his firing.

But now he has posted a video on myspace or facebook where he doesn't speak - he just moves his hands around constantly, obviously showing he doesn't have a wrist injury.

IF this is a work and Kennedy makes some big comeback to battle Orton I'll praise it cause it's "out-of-the-box" thinking. I couldn't imagine Vince doing something like this though - he doesn't view the internet wrestling community in the best light.

It could work - IF they take their time with it and have Kennedy kind of stalk Orton in parking lots and at appearances outside of the ring (autograph signings, press conferences etc).

The storyline would be that Orton used his status as Champ to get Kennedy fired (and it has to be pushed that Kennedy is a big threat to end Orton's reign) and that Kennedy is seeking revenge.

Over 3 months this could work. I just doubt WWE would think about doing this.

Though WWE.com has the story, usually the corporate site will also mention the release... but there's nothing about it.

Hmmmm.

Sweet! That is more evidence of a work. The fact they also called him "Mr. Kennedy" and not Ken Anderson is evidence of a work too.

Usually they give the real names of released talent - not this time.

I'm hoping and praying right now that it is a work. I wanna see how far WWE is willing to go with it. This could be fucking great.

Remember when Matt Hardy was fired/let go/whatever a few years back and then they teased him on the screen as a joke and got a huge pop? McMahon pretty much begged him to come back and then started "stalking" Edge and Lita? That shit was awesome.

This whole "Kennedy fired as a work thing" seems way too far out of the brain power of WWE creative.

It does make sense but then again why would they hype his return, have him come back, and then release him the next day. He was WAY over.

With MVP dropping the strap to Kofi, who does he go on to feud with? Who feuds with Kofi?

Famous Bill Walton quotes:

"Shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

+ Reply to Thread