+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 126
FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 ... LastLast

Thread: Professional Wrestling

You wouldn't last one week in shitty Connecticut.

Here's my idea. With Orton holding the belt, the WWE could make this legacy thing HUGE, just like WCW did with New Blood/Millionaires Club.

Have Orton seen backstage making a deal with a mystery accomplice during the PPV. During the title match, have Batista mauling Orton when DiBiase and Rhodes come down to interfere. Then, Batista destroys them before going back to unleashing a beatdown on Orton. When Batista is about to finish the match, Carlito and Primo come down and help Orton, becoming the newest members of Legacy. This way, they have the talent and numbers to take down Batista. After the match, Legacy issues a beatdown on Batista and the PPV ends with Batista laying lifeless in the ring.

The following night, Legacy comes ojut and introduces their new members. Batista walks out to the ramp and interrupts the celebration. He announces that he has just spoken with GM Vickie Guerrero and that he and a mystery partner get a shot at the tag titles. He says that Legacy can wait until the match to find out who his partner is, but that it will be a BIG surprise(Jerry Lawler can drop a Big Show hint). When the match starts, Batista comes out and announces his partner as Hornswoggle. Batista and Hornswoggle lose the match with the Colons due to interference and get jumped by all of Legacy and a beatdown ensues. As Raw is about to go off the air, Shawn Michaels and the returning Sim Snuka come out and make the save.

I would love to live in Connecticut and get paid $100,000+ for writing storylines, Denny.

Think of all the NBA games I could watch for free...

Kdawg - the idea of the Colons joining Legacy actually works, cause their father was a huge star in Puerto Rico.

But...

Why would you team Batista with Hornswoggle? And why is Shawn Michaels coming out to help Batista? I understand Sim Snuka - he's had issues with legacy but Hornswoggle? And Shawn Michaels? Please explain.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Don't look now, but Smackdown doesn't suck anymore. They must've replaced the entire creative team on that bitch.

Good show last night. The ending was great.

Kind of hard to suck when you have Edge, Jericho, Jeff Hardy, Morrison, Benjamin, Charlie Haas (suddenly motivated), Rey Mysterio, CM Punk and Umaga (getting another push)

The script? Wrestle! Give those guys 10 minutes in the ring for each match (on TV) and you'll be entertained. Edge and Jericho were brought up through the old system so they don't need fully scripted promos either - just bullet points of where the storyline is heading. They'll handle the rest (especially Jericho)

As usual Smackdown is the best WWE Brand!

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh
    I would love to live in Connecticut and get paid $100,000+ for writing storylines, Denny.

Think of all the NBA games I could watch for free...

Kdawg - the idea of the Colons joining Legacy actually works, cause their father was a huge star in Puerto Rico.

But...

Why would you team Batista with Hornswoggle? And why is Shawn Michaels coming out to help Batista? I understand Sim Snuka - he's had issues with legacy but Hornswoggle? And Shawn Michaels? Please explain.
    HBK has feuded with Orton in the past and considers Jimmy Snuka to be one of the guys that made him want to be a wrestler, so pairing him off with Sim Snuka would be good. Plus, the guy is a Legend and since Orton is the Legend killer, adding a top level talent like HBK to the mix would be nice. When Dibiase turns face, have a 4 on 4 match at Survivor Series. As far as the Hornswoggle thing, it would be absolutely hilarious.

Well, you gotta add Flair to the scenario now (and I called it in the Aks Pharaoh thread).

Flair, Batista, HBK, Snuka and Hornswoggle v Legacy for the Survivor Series?

We could book that shit. Flair and Snuka's old man have the connection from this past Mania. HBK and Flair have a history. Batista and Flair have a history. Batista and HBK have a history (and starting feuding after Michaels retired Flair!)

All you gotta script is a way to put Horney in the mix and you're there.

BTW, believe it or not this is the first time I have really thought about this but:

Montreal Screwjob = Not Real Screwjob - forget the M lol

I'm always looking for weird shit and crap like that AND never saw it in the Screwjob but now that I think about it...

Without the Screwjob WWE gets slammed by WCW and the NWO storyline. The Screwjob basically began the Vince McMahon evil owner story that collided with Steve Austin's Redneck character to save the whole damn company.

Did McMahon and Bret make a deal?

Bret still got his money, only from WCW. And through the years he always goes back to the Screwjob, like he's doing the old "tell a lie enough times and it becomes the truth" thing to make himself believe it.

Vince has also brought up the Screwjob often, like he too is trying to make himself believe the cover story they told the world (in fact either WWE, WCW or TNA has mentioned the Screwjob on the air at least once every year since it happened in 1997!)

And wasn't it convienient that Bret had a documentary crew following him around at this point in time (Wrestling With Shadows documents the Screwjob)?

After all these years Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels still have issues! WFT? Get past it - it's been 12 years - but apparently the Screwjob is the reason!

I'm not saying that I believe the Screwjob was planned between Bret, HBK and Vince, but I'm not the first one to provide some "evidence" that this could be the best "worked/shoot" angle in the history of the business.

Thoughts?

IIRC, didn't WCW completely WASTE their opportunity with Hart?

Unless Hart went over to the enemy and caused more problems than solutions.... by design.

They wasted him and he wasn't into it...

Bischoff claimed in his book that Hart wasn't into it as much as he could/should have been. Bischoff goes so far as to say that you could have had any "director" making the movie and if the actor doesn't feel the role then it'll suck.

So, from the word go people in WCW felt Bret Hart was not enthusiastic about working there.

Rumours have come out that certain members of the locker room were pissed that Hart was making more money than them and didn't really work as hard as they should have to get him over, too.

That was the end of 1997, start of 1998. Once Owen died I can't imagine how Bret Hart actually went to work for WCW. There was a classic match between Hart and Benoit ("Tribute to Owen Hart") and Hart and Flair had some good matches but WCW just didn't use him right.

WCW bookers will blame the fact that he was an Anti-American heel when he left the WWE and when he came to WCW they renounced that gimmick and made him a face. WCW bookers will say that the crowd didn't get his transformation.

Fuck WCW bookers - they were useless and selfish and had no fucking idea what do to with one of the best in the business. How do you use him? Have him form a stable and feud with the NWO. Or the Horsemen.

It writes itself you stupid fucks. At some point on PPV WCW should have had the following matches:

Bret Hart v Hulk Hogan
    Bret Hart v Sting
    Bret Hart v Ric Flair (they did have this)
    Bret Hart v Scott Hall
    Bret Hart v Kevin Nash
    Bret Hart v Randy Savage
    Bret Hart v Bill Goldberg (I think they did this at the end)
    Bret Hart v Diamond Dallas Page

That's 8 big money matches. Those feuds could last a company years! WCW fucked it up - plain and simple.

But maybe because Bret wasn't into it all those matches didn't happen and he was left to do bits and pieces of crap?

+ Reply to Thread