+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 126
FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Obviously I'm not following wrestling as much lately cause I simply don't care enough but...

While here in Oz for his "Hulkamania Tour" Hogan has been giving radio interviews and plugging him going to TNA to "run things".

He's claimed he's gonna fire the writers - I believe he means the whole show will not be scripted like a movie is. They'll go back to the tradional way with bulletpoints and outlines and stuff.

It seems that Hogan actually has some stake in the company, and he said as much when he acknowledged that in past storylines TNA has said people have shares or whatever (Foley/Jeff Jarrett) but they didn't and he actually does.

To WWE:

Obviously Vince McMahon pays no attention to TNA...

Which is why on Raw they had a "Break Through Battle Royal" for all the mid card talent that deserves a shot at the top. Apparently to qualify for this battle royal you couldn't have been a world champion - Mark Henry, Jack Swagger and Matt Hardy were in the match and all are former ECW Champions.

That's how you build a Brand, ladies and gents. Actually - no one gives a fuck anymore about ECW. Poor Christian, Shelton Benjamin and Steven Regal.

Anyway, Shaemus (sp?) won said battle royal and will face Cena for one of the World Titles at the next PPV, TLC.

Don't worry - this noob will not Main Event the PPV.

That spot goes to HHH/HBK as DX v JeriShow (smarks name for Jericho/Big Show, who are the Unified tag team champions) will be the only actual Tables, Ladders, Chairs match on the show.

If anyone wants to order that PPV the other matches at this stage =

Christian v Shelton Benjamin in a ladder match for the ECW "title"
    Batista v Undertaker for the other World Title.

The Cena match is either a tables match or a "chairs" match.
    The Taker match is either a tables match or a chairs match.

Who fucking cares?

TNA needs to go Live and bring Hogan out before January, when WWE starts to gear towards WrestleMania, Otherwise the little spike in publicity they got will have been forgotten
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

I actually like Sheamus and think he's a beast. There's plenty of noobs who get a title shot. John Cena back in his rapper days got a shot at Brock Lesnar's title...............and main evented the PPV! I don't think Sheamus getting a title shot is that huge a deal.

And that's why WWE has pushed Shaemus into this spot. He's the new Umaga/Kane type of dude that can go into the main event when they have nothing else brewing or they're in a holding patten.

But once WWE is gearing up for Mania (starts in January, kicks in come February) Shaemus will move back down the card.

BTW, it should be noted Shaemus is HHH's "boy" - Shaemus comes to work early, stays late, works out with HHH, picks his brain, spends time with the vets in order to learn etc

In other words he is exactly what WWE want in a young dude.

Jack Swagger hasn't figured it out yet.

Oh, and while Shaemus is getting this push keep watch on Kofi Kingston. He's actually getting the long-term build up that should see him win the Money in the Bank ladder match at Mania, if John Morrison or The Miz don't win it.

WWE's mid card is looking great right now - they just need to play their cards right and slowly move these guys into situations with the established main event players.

OT but I watched the Mickey Rourke movie last night. It was damn good, but I'm a Mickey Rourke fan too.
    Players meeting my ASS!

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    OT but I watched the Mickey Rourke movie last night. It was damn good, but I'm a Mickey Rourke fan too.
    Wow, so did I. Damn good indeed.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

I haven't seen it - I have it, just haven't found the time.

Apparently he really deserves all the credit he got for that performance.

Smackdown was great this week. One of the better put together shows in recent memory. All great matches, built storylines, all seemed relevant.

Not like RAW where the guest host schtick is getting stale/old. Mark Cuban hosts this week. Maybe it will get better?

Famous Bill Walton quotes:

"Shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

Cuban apparently went through a table! LMAO

I haven't read the review yet cause my pc just got fixed.

But BIG NEWS from TNA.

On January 4th, they are going head to head v Raw!!!

And you know they are gonna try to have a kick ass show, and while WWE doesn't acknowledge TNA as competition you can bet your balls they'll have some special shit for that show.

Here's another time when TNA and WWE will go head to head:

Quote Originally Posted by pwtorch
    TNA and Spike TV released official details on TNA presenting four hours of Impact in two separate episodes on New Year's Eve (Thursday, December 31).

The two episodes will be titled "New Year's Knockout Eve" Parts 1 and 2. The first episode will air at 7:00 p.m. EST, then the second episode will air in the regular timeslot at 9:00 p.m. EST.

The second hour of the first Impact episode will be going head-to-head with
    WWE Superstars on WGN, which usually leads into Impact on Spike TV.

TNA will then be head-to-head with
    WWE Raw on Monday, January 4 for the three-hour live Impact against Raw's first Monday night show of 2010. TNA will have a total of seven hours of Impact over a four-day period to end 2009 and start 2010.

Interesting time for TNA fans - what changes is Hogan gonna force on the company?

Bret Hart has resigned with the WWE. Contract runs from January 1st through April 10th I believe. Rumor has it that the contract stipulates that he will participate in 1 match. Let the wild rumpus begin!!!

Famous Bill Walton quotes:

"Shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

+ Reply to Thread