+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19
FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 Draft

Welcome to Detroit...Oregon. Home to Detroit Lake and nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitsportscity
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipNelsonFan
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitsportscity
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    You can't draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round though. Not with DE/MLB/CB/OL so pressing. If you want to take a flyer on a 5th or 6th rounder (like Brady was) by all means. But not until our other needs are filled first.
    I hope one of these guys is there in the 5th:

Hackney
    Gradkowski
    Shockley
    Olson
    Clemens
    Whitehurst
    I'd almost guarantee that every single one of them will be.

And for a serious flyer, how about Brett Elliott from Linfield (Div. III)?

Don't know him.

Also, most of those guys are considered 3rd-4th rounders, Grads maybe 2nd.
    Linfield won the D-III championship last year. They're based in McMinnville, Oregon (for TK, the Upper Bumfuck area). He's had a 6,000 yard passing year, an NCAA record. He's projected to be a 7th rounder.

Anyway, I disagree. I'm not sure who Hackney is. Gradkowski's arm is supposedly weak and there's talk as to how much a studly O-line inflated his numbers. Shockley has had is one good year and I know Akili Smith hasn't been forgotten. I think Olson is overrated; without Maurice Drew he had no time in the pocket, and without Lewis at TE he's screwed. Clemens...normally I'd stick up for him, but let's see how that ankle is first. Whitehurst will probably please some team looking for a late-round QB.
    [img]i17.tinypic.com/5z1kqq8.gif[/img]

Ok, I've hated on the idea of the Lions taking Young if he was there at 8, but tonight's game is absolutely changing my mind. I'm still not sure it would be a good idea, but how can you pass up such an efficient QB with such crazy legs?
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Vince Young is a bigger, stronger, more accurate Michael Vick, I would be ecstatic if the Lions were able to end up with him, but after seeing tonight's game, I don't think we have a prayer about him being there at 9.

Damn that loss to the Saints!

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

I don't want to draft another QB in the first round but this game is making me reconsider my stance.

Young is playing outstanding both as a runner and as a pocket passer.

I'm with you H1. I've never seen athlete like Vince Young. :shock: :shock: :shock: He single handedly beat the most talented team in the history of College Football! IF WE WOULD HAVE LOST TO THE SAINTS, HE'S OURS!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAH! :banghead: :angryfire: :banghead:

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

vince young just went to number 1

leinart 2

bush dropped to 3

Young won't be drafted #1 unless the Texans trade down.

I'm Varsity chump. You're J.V.
    This would be my Lions big board:

Note: I am assuming Bush, Lienart, Ferguson, Hawk are gone for sure, and probably Young too.

Mario Williams DE NC State
    Jimmy Williams CB Va Tech
    Haloti Ngata DT Oregon

Those are really the only players I want at #9. I'm hoping we can trade a future first to get an extra first rounder (Denver has an extra pick) since most teams would feel next year's first rounder from us would be better than thier current pick. That way we can grab an OT (Winston maybe) in the 20's and possibly a LB in the 2nd round.
    If Mario Williams is available, I'd LOVE to have tha guy. The other two...seems like you're starting to think like Millen. We have a pretty strong DT group and I think it's one thing on this team that didn't really need to be improved on- they also just took Cody with their 2nd rd pick last year. Getting Ngata would just about be like getting Mike Williams. Jimmy Williams is a solid player, but I think we have the corners, we just need some health. Bryant, as well as getting some production out of guys like Smith and the CB from Stanford. After a renegotiation or waive of Harrington, we'll have some free agent loot as well. Maybe we can go after another CB.

Quote Originally Posted by Varsity

If Mario Williams is available, I'd LOVE to have tha guy. The other two...seems like you're starting to think like Millen. We have a pretty strong DT group and I think it's one thing on this team that didn't really need to be improved on- they also just took Cody with their 2nd rd pick last year. Getting Ngata would just about be like getting Mike Williams. Jimmy Williams is a solid player, but I think we have the corners, we just need some health. Bryant, as well as getting some production out of guys like Smith and the CB from Stanford. After a renegotiation or waive of Harrington, we'll have some free agent loot as well. Maybe we can go after another CB.
    That's why Ngata is third on my list. I'd rather not get him. But if we don't get a Williams, our other options are Cutler, Deangelo Williams or reach for an OT. I'd rather get the best DE or CB, or even DT out there than the 2nd best OT, 3rd best QB, or a RB we don't need. I'm not sure Bryant is any good, and he makes a lot. We'll probably cut him, resign RW to play nickle and address starting CB opposite Bly with the pick or FA. Any FA CB will not be a shut down CB, or they wouldn't be a FA in the first place.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I'm Varsity chump. You're J.V.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsity

That's why Ngata is third on my list. I'd rather not get him. But if we don't get a Williams, our other options are Cutler, Deangelo Williams or reach for an OT. I'd rather get the best DE or CB, or even DT out there than the 2nd best OT, 3rd best QB, or a RB we don't need. I'm not sure Bryant is any good, and he makes a lot. We'll probably cut him, resign RW to play nickle and address starting CB opposite Bly with the pick or FA. Any FA CB will not be a shut down CB, or they wouldn't be a FA in the first place.
    I think that makes sense, to get the bets player available, but I always think you need to find a home for that player, for us...we'd need to trade him or someone else to make it work..maybe cut Dan Wilkinson...although that doesn't make a ton of sense. As for CBs..Ken Lucas is a shut down corner and we was available..as was Champ Bailey. (albeit he was protected) I'm just saying..those players can occasionally be had. Away from that, a shut down corner is pretty rare and more than likely we'll just get a pac man jones or carlos rogers both of which played alright but nothing to hang top a 10 pick on. You made a good point with Bryant, I really wonder how good he is when healthy, but again, I think we have the corners, I think it's our lack of pressure on the QB that hangs our secondary out to dry. So we definitely agree on the DE...maybe even a LB (though haven't we invested funds in that as well?)

+ Reply to Thread