+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 Draft

Ngata would be taken with the Ravens' first rounder. Right now, I think it's gonna be somewhere between 5-7. Hopefully he lasts. He's the missing piece on the defensive side.

Welcome to Detroit...Oregon. Home to Detroit Lake and nothing else.
    For a lot of teams, a 340-pound DT that can bench press a PT Cruiser 20 times is a needed missing piece. I wouldn't mind seeing him on the Lions.
    [img]i17.tinypic.com/5z1kqq8.gif[/img]

I think they have bigger concerns than DT. Rogers and Big Daddy look pretty strong up the middle. I think they need o-line help, qb help, and a lock down corner opposite bly.

As long as we don't draft a RB, WR, DL, or LB in the first round then I'm a happy man.

Offensive line is a MUST! Butler is good at pass protection(but not against the run) and is still a project), Woody is good, Backus is ass, Raiola is Southern ass, and I don't even know who play the other guard spot. We need some major help there.

QB can be found in free agency. There'll be some good guys like Brooks, Kitna and Brees. I wouldn't even be that mad if we kept Harrington at a lower price.

Quote Originally Posted by G.D.
    I really hope Vince Young comes out.

NYJ, NO, Oakland and Baltimore are probably the only teams in the top 10, besides the Lions, who could go QB with their pick.

Somebody could trade up with one of the other teams to take Leinart/Young, of course.

The Lions just HAVE to lose out the last two games, it's really imperative.

They REALLY have to lose to the Saints, so that being the case, they'll probably win.

I'll take Leinart or Young, I don't care which one.

All this assumes that we don't sign or trade for a vet QB.

Aaron Brooks anyone? Griese? Brees? Rivers? Favre? (lol)
    I will shoot someone if we draft a QB this time around even if it's Leinhart or Young. If we draft them, then next season is just another throw away season.

And Vince Young is not first round material.

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by George Dubya Bush
    Woody is good
    He is?
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

I just wish the Lions would take a cue from the Pistons, and instead of picking up big names who are well past their prime, for no reason other than that they are big names (see: Woody, Pollard, Garcia, etc.), they start looking at guys who are approx. 25 years old
    Woody was 26 going on 27 when we signed him...I still think that if we have a good year, you will see the real Woody.

Just a couple of things to think about.

If the Lions draft a QB it better not be until late in the draft. As someone said, if we draft a QB in the first round, we are rebuilding.

I am not a fan of Young's. Someone said that if Young was half of Micheal Vick he would be a great QB. That is kind of wrong because half of Vick is McMike. Young would better served playing WR in the NFL. He would be scary good, if he can catch the ball. He plays in a crap conference. He has never had to try and read a D....he just throws to someone or runs, no reading of D is needed. BTW I hate his throwing motion and think he is going to have huge problems. Young to me is a little more atheltic version of Andre Ware and we all know how that ended up.

Secondly, the Lions biggest needs are OT, DE, LB, CB, vet WR, OG, QB, TE, S, DT.

The Lions biggest problem since Millen has taken over is coaching. We have had absolute horrible coaching who does not match his scheme to his personal. I personally could see Backus coming back and doing fine with the right scheme and an upgrade at LG (Hutch could be had. Sea might not be able to afford Shaun and Hutch both).

I want the next coach to come in and do what Leyland did with Dmitri. Tell Woody if he wants to play next year, lost another 20-30 pounds. If Woody can get down to 325-330, he would be a monster at guard again.

I think the Lions will be picking around 10 and if Joey Thomas of Wisconsin comes out, I would love to see them get him. He has a mean streak to bookend with Butler is going to be good. I then want the Lions to address the MLB role. Holmes has 1 more year before he is done. Lehman needs to take over for Davis. Who could not tackle Refrigerator Perry.

Agree or disagree, if the Lions take a QB or RB in the 1st round. I wont be watching them next year. I will be taking a break from the Lions.

Art

Win or lose, we always fuck things up somehow.

+ Reply to Thread