+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 Draft

Knowing the Lions, they will win the last two games and pick 14th. If we stay where we are, I want the DE from Boston College, Mathias Kiwanukia (sp?)
    Destiny

Perhaps the better question is not who we want the Lions to draft, but who Millen will draft. That is a perplexing question. What position do you think he wants, at least? Offense, defense? We know we need an offensive lineman, but he'll probably skip that opportunity. As much as I didn't expect us to take Williams last year, somehow I wasn't surprised when it happened. More like a "you've got to be kidding me." I hope I don't have that same feeling again.

He'll take the best non WR-RB available IMO. If that's Brickshaw, Hawk, Williams (i think that is the top DE), whatever. Any of those guys would be an immediate help.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

O line for sure...too many good QB's comming available. Pretty good depth elsware. We have a good linebacking corps, if they can stay healthy.

PS....Good to see y'all again.

Welcome to Detroit...Oregon. Home to Detroit Lake and nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by stonecolddano
    O line for sure...too many good QB's comming available. Pretty good depth elsware. We have a good linebacking corps, if they can stay healthy.

PS....Good to see y'all again.
    Welcome Stone Cold. Thin Ice. PMs. All that good stuff.

This year's O-Line class appears to be deep enough that Detroit could pull something similar to San Fran last year, getting Baas in the 2nd round and Adam Snyder (Go Ducks) in the 3rd round. Both currently start for that team. If that happens, Mario Williams or Kiwanuka are the guys. Williams especially is touted as a physical freak, and Kiwanuka I believe used to play basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipNelsonFan
    This year's O-Line class appears to be deep enough that Detroit could pull something similar to San Fran last year, getting Baas in the 2nd round and Adam Snyder (Go Ducks) in the 3rd round. Both currently start for that team. If that happens, Mario Williams or Kiwanuka are the guys. Williams especially is touted as a physical freak, and Kiwanuka I believe used to play basketball.
    That's what I've hear too. Williams, OT, LB would be a nice first 3 rounds. I still think we need an eventual replacement to Holmes this year.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipNelsonFan
    That's what I've hear too. Williams, OT, LB would be a nice first 3 rounds. I still think we need an eventual replacement to Holmes this year.
    Understandable, but while you could have Mario Williams, there's a chance A.J. Hawk could fall to the Lions. Who do you pick between those two?

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    I hope they keep Backus and move him to LG. Draft Ferguson and cut Demulling

LT - Ferguson
    LG - Backus
    C - Riola
    RG - Woody
    RT - Butler

Backup - Kosier

That isn't too bad.
    With the exception of Raiola, Woody, and Butler, I agree.

Not too shabby.

And yes, Woody belongs on the sucky list, probably more than Butler.

I just wish the Lions would take a cue from the Pistons, and instead of picking up big names who are well past their prime, for no reason other than that they are big names (see: Woody, Pollard, Garcia, etc.), they start looking at guys who are approx. 25 years old, and just starting to break out and make a name for themselves, see CB, Rip & Ben.

God damn. Joe D. is only what, 20 miles away from Ford Field, and they can't see what he's doing in Auburn Hills and HOW HE'S DOING IT?!?!?!?!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

This draft will be key for both the Ravens and the Buccaneers. Both are my teams.

The Ravens need a QB, depending on if Boller keeps up how he played against GB(very doubtful). We also need a DT. Gregg, Kemoeatu, and Edwards are getting pounded all over the field. I'm pulluing for Haloti Ngata.

The Buccaneers need offensive line help. They also need to draft a QB. I'm not sold on any of our 3 QB's. I'm pulling for Brady Quinn, but I think he'll stay at Notre Dame for another year though.

Quote Originally Posted by kdawg32086
    This draft will be key for both the Ravens and the Buccaneers. Both are my teams.

The Ravens need a QB, depending on if Boller keeps up how he played against GB(very doubtful). We also need a DT. Gregg, Kemoeatu, and Edwards are getting pounded all over the field. I'm pulluing for Haloti Ngata.

The Buccaneers need offensive line help. They also need to draft a QB. I'm not sold on any of our 3 QB's. I'm pulling for Brady Quinn, but I think he'll stay at Notre Dame for another year though.
    Welcome Kdawg. We've been waiting for you.

Ngata will make some team cream themselves if he falls to the second round.

+ Reply to Thread