+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19
FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach
    LOL@you lions fans and media that swore we'd get a qb. Al Davis owns the "experts" again. Huff in, woodson out. break another leg chuck.

LOL@you lions fans and media that swore we'd get a qb. Al Davis owns the "experts" again. Huff in, woodson out. break another leg chuck.
    If Young was available, I have no doubt that the Raiders would've picked him.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by H1Man
    If Young was available, I have no doubt that the Raiders would've picked him.
    weird. the same thing was said about USC's QB Cryinghart. . dare i say even more adamantly than Young since he was considered to be an Usc alumn(Davis's former coaching grounds).

just admit that most people dont know what Al Davis is thinking, and to compensate they make up these crazy rules of thought to try and figure him out. Vince young is athletic, so Al Davis will pick him. very expert analysis. We have a seasoned vet Scramble QB(aaron brooks) and a Strong arm QB with a great ability to make plays (walter, who is just as good if not better than leinhart IMO). so why would we draft what we already have? oh yea, because Al Davis likes players from USC and athletic players.

In the History of the silver and Black we have never had a run first qb start for us. we had qb's capable of running. but never a vince young/Micheal vick type. the one michael vick type qb we drafted was immediately converted to WR(ronald curry). Yet we were destined to pick vince young had he fell to #7? Man the Oakland raiders wouldnt have the prestigious history that they have(unlike the lions not so prestigious history), if the guy whose owned the team since forever was grabbing guys, just because they were athletic at every position. Al likes speedy athletic Db's, WR's, and LB's. Every other position is picked based on a whole different mindset. The QB must have a rocket arm or the football IQ to make up for not having a strong arm.. Vince has neither. yet somehow you swear we woulda picked him. With all this in mind, i just dont see it.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

weird. the same thing was said about USC's QB Cryinghart. . dare i say even more adamantly than Young since he was considered to be an Usc alumn(Davis's former coaching grounds).

just admit that most people dont know what Al Davis is thinking, and to compensate they make up these crazy rules of thought to try and figure him out. Vince young is athletic, so Al Davis will pick him. very expert analysis. We have a seasoned vet Scramble QB(aaron brooks) and a Strong arm QB with a great ability to make plays (walter, who is just as good if not better than leinhart IMO). so why would we draft what we already have? oh yea, because Al Davis likes players from USC and athletic players.

In the History of the silver and Black we have never had a run first qb start for us. we had qb's capable of running. but never a vince young/Micheal vick type. the one michael vick type qb we drafted was immediately converted to WR(ronald curry). Yet we were destined to pick vince young had he fell to #7? Man the Oakland raiders wouldnt have the prestigious history that they have(unlike the lions not so prestigious history), if the guy whose owned the team since forever was grabbing guys, just because they were athletic at every position. Al likes speedy athletic Db's, WR's, and LB's. Every other position is picked based on a whole different mindset. The QB must have a rocket arm or the football IQ to make up for not having a strong arm.. Vince has neither. yet somehow you swear we woulda picked him. With all this in mind, i just dont see it.
    Walter better than Leinhart? Aaron Brooks?

And Leinhart was never on the Raiders draft board. The only players that the Raiders had targeted were Hawk, Williams, Bush, Huff and Young.

Oh and BTW, Young is nothing like Vick.

Quote Originally Posted by H1Man

And Leinhart was never on the Raiders draft board. The only players that the Raiders had targeted were Hawk, Williams, Bush, Huff and Young.

Oh and BTW, Young is nothing like Vick.
    says who?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=2418315
    Al Davis expressed how he thought he looked like kenny stabler to him. coupled with his visit to oakland the media jumped all over it. most guys had them picking young if he fell to them or leinhart if he fell. The main point on top of that is that they swore we were picking a qb. its hilarious that you even think young was going to oakland after how way off these so called experts have been. they sucked but they were right about young because?.....

we had visits from leinhart and young all the same. and leinharts visit was by far more productive. so where are you getting this imaginary targeting for Young? I mean if you have a connect with some raider scouts i concede on this. If you don't, to be fair with all due respect, then explain something with substance that says we were "targeting" Young. dont believe draft rumor garbage. guys always fuck up trying to see who we are targeting. i'd rather go by obvious history. Tell me what "run first" weak armed qb have the oakland raiders drafted ever in their history, outside of Ronald curry who was immediately converted to WR as soon as he got to camp. You believe something based on a rumor and i'm noting our very consistent drafting pattern history. we've drafted one athletic qb in our history and made him a WR. that doesnt scream Vince Young at all.

Lastly, whether you like it or not, VY is a run first qb and will be compared to the leagues most popular run first qb. for the record he's slower and has much worse mechanics. he's also bigger and stronger though. he's like cullpepper without the arm and runs more than him. bad combination to me. And not a guy we would make use of in a vertical offense.

now Andrew Walter vs matt leinhart. Walter is quicker, he's better at avoiding the rush, and his arm is by far stronger that leinhart. what does matt have over him? more experience winning in college, a better team around him, 2 monster RB's keeping the pressure off of him, way better o-line in college, and a slightly better checkdown eye. Of course to anyone who believing the leinhart hype would laugh at the comparisom w/o really looking at the two. Either way its all good and we'll find out what leinharts worth in arizona. if he can't do anything with that receiving core he's a bust. I'm content with my teams qb scenario. Aaron Brooks is no long term solution. But Walter will eventually be the guy. But if we keep improving our defense like we have with huff, darnell bing, and thomas howard. we'll be alright.

Hmmm the lions draft has been shitty. but i must admit they were a solid team in the first place. its gonna be whether the "me first" guys that have flooded your roster conform to marinelli. if they dont you may have to overhaul again. but you guys have all you need to get to the playoffs this year. even have a shitty division prime for the taking(though GB has made some damn hot picks and got C-Wood too) .

its gonna be a fun year. atleast at the start.
    ^

also, the two most prolific qb's in the pac 10 over the past few years were matt leinhart and Andrew Walter(walter breaking elways 22 year old pac-10 TD record before Matt broke his mark after he went to the NFL). Matt had reggie bush and lendale white. Walter had nothing even half as good..he measures up to leihart quite well with nowhere near as much talent around him in ASU.
    ^

Quote of the draft....

I'm not going to sit up here and make excuses about anything. I understand that situation. If I was a GM, I would have a few doubts myself.Marcus Vick

I know this is past its time but my favorite thing about the NFL Draft is that these guys spend 4 years skipping classes and getting people to take their exams for them and then they slip down on draft day because they can't pass a test ... makes perfect sense ...
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Thanks for all of the profiles, Vinny.
    Find a new slant.

RAIDERS MOVING BING TO 'BACKER

Adam Schefter reports that the Oakland Raiders will move fourth-round selection Darnell Bing from safety to linebacker.

Bing, who like most of his USC colleagues ended up sliding in the draft, is considered a little slow to be a safety, but he'll be regarded as fast for a linebacker. And he's definitely got the size to make it work.
    Gutz,

Know anything about this?

+ Reply to Thread