+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 Draft

Welcome to Detroit...Oregon. Home to Detroit Lake and nothing else.

2006 Draft

For the record, how many picks do the Lions have and who should the Lions take with their first rounder? A.J. Hawk? Ferguson? Someone not a WR?

Here's the draft breakdown I did.

In terms of who they will pick, it all depends on their spot. If they could climb to 3rd (unlikely, but somewhat possible), I think they take Ferguson. If they are in the 4-7 range, I think they take the DE from NCstate. If they beat NO and drop down to the 10-12 range I'm not sure who they take.

Anything but WR or RB is good really.

Blog Entries
    I really hope Vince Young comes out.

NYJ, NO, Oakland and Baltimore are probably the only teams in the top 10, besides the Lions, who could go QB with their pick.

Somebody could trade up with one of the other teams to take Leinart/Young, of course.

The Lions just HAVE to lose out the last two games, it's really imperative.

They REALLY have to lose to the Saints, so that being the case, they'll probably win.

I'll take Leinart or Young, I don't care which one.

All this assumes that we don't sign or trade for a vet QB.

Aaron Brooks anyone? Griese? Brees? Rivers? Favre? (lol)
    Find a new slant.

I think the Jets will go for Lienart. If they lose, the SF/Houston winner will pass them on SOS. Bush will go at #1 and Lienart to NYJ I think.

I could see NO taking Young with Brooks on the way out. But if they beat us they might not have a chance at him. Oakland would also snag Young too I think. Remember SOS can change. If GB/Minny/Chicago lose, it weakens our SOS and improves our pick.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Kitna. The Bengals have no need for him anymore. Brees if he's available and affordable.

As for picks, the Lions really need D'Brickashaw Ferguson to fall to them. He's someone who can contribute right away, and if they can get the offensive line stable, things will start to fall into place.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

I'd like to see Joey back (we can't replace 2 QB's) to compete. Worst case he's a good backup.

My ideal would be a trade for Brees, but he'd probably cost us a first rounder (a future would be fine, but we need this year's for an OT). If not, maybe a trade for Griese (they are sticking with Simms). If either happened, Joey would have to take a pay cut. I'm hoping we could move Fernado Bryant to ease the salary cap hit we'd take by trading for a QB with a higher salary.

Backup plans would be Kitna, Brooks (if the price isn't high).

Who cares? It's a lost cause. No matter who we draft, we will suck.

I don't see the Leo's taking a rookie QB. Millen needs to WIN NOW, and drafting another rook makes this tough to do. Sign a Kitna type, trade for Brees if you can get him for Rogers/Picks. Draft a fucking offensive lineman that isn't a pussy. I'm a Michigan fan, but Backus absolutely sucks as a pro. We need a new LT and hopefully that will be Brick.

What we need is a bunch of guys who love to play the game and will always give it their all and appreciate being able to play, not a bunch of guys who make a mockery of the game.

(also see Pistons)

I hope they keep Backus and move him to LG. Draft Ferguson and cut Demulling

LT - Ferguson
    LG - Backus
    C - Riola
    RG - Woody
    RT - Butler

Backup - Kosier

That isn't too bad.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread