+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cop Killers

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar

Cop Killers

For cops who are killers, and for cops who've been killed.

Rather than pick on insanely topical stuff, this "cop kills cop" case caught my eye:

https://www.actionnews17.com/crime/h...gh-speed-chase

Several miles into the pursuit, the troopers of the Louisiana State Police Troop L deployed a tire deflation device to disable the suspect’s vehicle on Wardline Road.

While troopers were retrieving the device, they were struck by a HPD unit involved in the pursuit. Both troopers were transported to North Oaks Medical Center by Acadian Ambulance. One trooper was treated for minor injuries and released. The second trooper remains in critical condition.
    The officer in critical condition died. This is awful and sad. But subsequently, the crook who fled was charged with manslaughter, with no mention of the actions of the cops.

Did the cop that was still in high-speed pursuit after the car was stopped screw up? Did anyone notify them to stop the high-speed pursuit? Was there time for that to be dispatched? If there wasn't time, did the cop who died screw up by retrieving the car trap so soon afterwards? Or, do you just charge the crook driver with manslaughter because the death happened while trying to catch them, and sweep possible cop screw ups under the rug? Is charging the fleeing crook with manslaughter right (as distinct from legal) if this were a cop screw up after their car was already stopped?

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy View Post
    Rather than pick on insanely topical stuff, this "cop kills cop" case caught my eye:

https://www.actionnews17.com/crime/h...gh-speed-chase

The officer in critical condition died. This is awful and sad. But subsequently, the crook who fled was charged with manslaughter, with no mention of the actions of the cops.

Did the cop that was still in high-speed pursuit after the car was stopped screw up? Did anyone notify them to stop the high-speed pursuit? Was there time for that to be dispatched? If there wasn't time, did the cop who died screw up by retrieving the car trap so soon afterwards? Or, do you just charge the crook driver with manslaughter because the death happened while trying to catch them, and sweep possible cop screw ups under the rug? Is charging the fleeing crook with manslaughter right (as distinct from legal) if this were a cop screw up after their car was already stopped?
    Definitely awful but I'm with you, who knows what really happened. Were they convicted of manslaughter??

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

This story only happened a month ago, and other news events have been more topical. Here's the latest I could find, which doesn't really speak to any of the above.
    https://www.livingstonparishnews.com...4f836d58b.html

On a police procedural note, here's the best Rayshard Brooks video I've seen:

There's the question of whether or not shooting Rayshard Brooks, after he'd assaulted cops, stolen a weapon, and ran off was legal and proper. I'm sure there are and will be a ton of people debating this. But to me, the much more interesting question is: Should the cop whose Taser was stolen have just Taser'ed the guy, and not announced that he was going to do so repeatedly? Is this standard de-escalation procedure? It's unclear if Brooks grabs for the Taser if the cop doesn't keep referring to it. Oh, and what good are body cameras that fall off in a scuffle? Scuffles are when you want them the most.

Of course, issues like this get masked by some awful behaviors on all sides. Examples include:

- the Atlanta police chief resigning right away. That's not doing your job responsibly. There wasn't enough time to get all the facts.
    - people protesting this by burning down a Wendy's? WTF? Is this is how we get to "Demolition Man" police forces and "all restaurants are Taco Bells"?
    - the Atlanta prosecutor jawing off so much on CNN because he's up for re-election and was likely getting his ass booted for crooked antics. That shit gets in the way of actual justice.

Here's a perfect example of using the Taser right away:

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/in...rrested-video/

I keep waiting for some Republicans to agree with "defund the police", in favor of privatization.
    Let the likes of Blackwater kill the police. Here's a start:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/minneapol...-death-threats

Several Minneapolis City Council members who have received death threats following their calls to defund the police after the death of George Floyd have been assigned private security details -- reportedly costing the city $4,500 a day in taxpayer dollars.

+ Reply to Thread