+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: COVID-19

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    https://www.bridgemi.com/guest-comme...vid-emails-u-m

It?s difficult to imagine much that is of greater public interest than the science and data behind the state?s pandemic policy. Gov. Whitmer used extraordinary executive power to issue sweeping policies that dictated when people were allowed to leave their homes, where they were allowed to travel and what they were allowed to do outside their homes. Whatever interest there is in letting public officials speak plainly when helping formulate policy, it simply cannot compete with the public?s need to know what informed this unprecedented government action.

In denying access to certain information (including material as innocuous as working group e-mail addresses), the university cited exemptions relating to procedures relating to the physical safety of its property and employees.

It strains credulity to argue that requesting records somehow jeopardizes the safety of these interests. These exemptions are designed to protect a public body?s response to terrorism, cybersecurity, and emergency response plans, as well as passwords and other security data. We never asked for information that a reasonable person would consider remotely related to these aims.
    It's not the reasonable people who'd make death threats against various entities involved in COVID-19 response.

The info on who was consulted on science and what they said should be public, but people shouldn't form lynch mobs because they don't like science.

https://missouriindependent.com/2021...ndings-public/

Missouri health department found mask mandates work, but didn?t make findings public
    Jurisdictions with mask mandates averaged 15.8 cases per day for every 100,000 residents, compared to 21.7 in unmasked communities

I had a vaccinated uncle die from COVID-19. He didn't even know he had it. He was just found in bed dead. Given the meds out in the bathroom, he likely thought he had a cold. But, the medical examiner backtracked it to COVID-19 and lack of oxygen. He was quite healthy, apart from shitty hearing (occupational hazard). This was totally out of the blue, and still pretty shocking. There's some people whose voices you just hear in your head, and I hear his.

https://www.axios.com/facebook-boswo...d10b9972c.html

Facebook exec blames society for COVID misinformation
    The thing I wonder is -- what was flu vaccination and misinformation like, pre-Facebook, pre-COVID-19? My sense was that it was just as bad, that social media didn't really move the needle because bullshit's always been all around. But, I don't really have great data on that. What about HPV vaccination %s and FUD -- is it comparable?

Blog Entries
    That sucks May, sorry to hear this.
    Find a new slant.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    That's awful Mxy, sorry to hear it

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    Today is day 9 for my son. Still had a 102 temp when he went to bed last night. I wake up every day hoping nobody else in the house has it.
    Find a new slant.

Best wishes... hopefully, his treatment plan starts working.

Blog Entries
    Had it last year and I'm pretty sure it's why I've been sick lately, too..

I've been formally diagnosed with some "long COVID-19" effects. It's relatively mild congestive crap at this point, after some proper treatment. But apparently, it's quite real and not just my getting prematurely old and falling apart watching the Pistons lose so damn much, which seemed like a reasonable hypothesis at the time. Finding a doctor who saw "my having COVID-19" and "my suddenly snoring and needing a CPAP after" as related (well DUH!) has helped.

+ Reply to Thread