+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm going to Disneyland!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar

I'm going to Disneyland!

I've never been before, but will be going this month. Apparently, I have a 3-day MAXPASS and Park Hopping, giving me a Magic Morning.

This stuff doesn't really mean anything to me (though I have gotten as far as confirming that a Magic Morning is not some hooker dressed as Tinkerbell coming up to your room to give you a wakeup call).

Anyone been there before? Any advice, pro tips, or the like?

I went there over 20 years ago on one of my father's business trips. I remember there was a flower arrangement at the front in the form of Mickey's head and that it wasn't very interesting compared to Cedar Point. The Matterhorn was okay, and the Pirates ride was good from what I remember of it. It was fun riding through the winding mountain paths in the area, though, and seeing Santa Monica Pier at night was pretty cool, but that's going off topic I suppose. Hope you have fun!

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Oobir View Post
    I went there over 20 years ago on one of my father's business trips. I remember there was a flower arrangement at the front in the form of Mickey's head and that it wasn't very interesting compared to Cedar Point. The Matterhorn was okay, and the Pirates ride was good from what I remember of it. It was fun riding through the winding mountain paths in the area, though, and seeing Santa Monica Pier at night was pretty cool, but that's going off topic I suppose. Hope you have fun!
    Same, pretty much exactly.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    Heard it was smaller than DW.

You’re welcome.
    Find a new slant.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I had a good time. I did both Disneyland and Disney California Adventures, along with the free (but overpriced) Disney Downtown. Random thoughts:

- Not nearly enough Marvel stuff -- the Guardians of the Galaxy ride was cool, working on an "Avengers Campus", but for now, nada
    - La Brea Bakery/Cafe in Downtown Disney is pretty darn good food, not as badly overpriced as other options in the area
    - Find a card that has Disney Vacation Club on it (hotel keys, some gift cards, etc.) then tell everyone you're a DVC member and you get 10% off
    - Expect a lot of walking -- 10+ miles, every day. The train around Disneyland proper is pretty cool
    - DCA gets too damn hot -- lots of concrete (especially Pixar Park and Cars-land), not enough natural shelter
    - Millennium Falcon is worth the line. You have to see Galaxy's Edge at night -- the landscape glows
    - The Maxpass option is a must, works with a phone app. You get unlimited one-at-a-time "Fastpasses". You show up at set times and avoid lines
    - Some rides are so busy (the Cars one, which isn't _that_ worth it) where you need a 'Fastpass" or you shouldn't even bother.
    - The Photopass part of Maxpass isn't all that useful -- not many rides actually take your photos, not many Photopass photographers
    - The Main Street Electrical Parade and Fantasmic night shows are fucking awesome, better than the fireworks even
    - Favorite indoor exhibit was probably the animation studio at DCA -- just lots of cool art with huge screens and interesting layouts
    - For some perspective on pricing, Mickey Mouse-type ears are $28 in the resort.

+ Reply to Thread