+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Oobir Eats

Oobir Eats

I successfully poached an egg for the first time today. No vinegar or silicone cups - dropped the egg into simmering water and pulled it out 3.5 minutes later. It had firm whites and a runny yolk; delicious!

Ever since I changed my diet and eliminated most snacking, I've been finding it hard to healthily consume enough calories in a day to meet my goal. Probably need to add more protein - too much rice and potato right now. I'll keep you updated on any further developments.

Blog Entries
    Easiest five stars I've ever given to a thread

Thanks, mbb!

Restaurants are difficult to attend while watching calories, because 1. they usually don't have calories listed and so the whole experience is a caloric black box, and 2. most places use so much butter in every meal that it messes with the estimates in my head. Fish is usually a safe bet, but pastas, grains, and red meat are the danger items.

I'll be visiting a German restaurant today, truly a gut-busting trap; I'll update you on how I fared!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    If I start "preparing" eggs for breakfast, they become scrambled or omelettes, with seasoning.
    I can do poached and overeasy (more like overmedium), but I leave that to professionals.

Here's an instructional video that might help you out on your quest:

But seriously... I never could get into counting calories. I can barely eat anything and gain weight.
    I'm much more about tracking weight over time, and trying to keep active, keep my metabolism up.

I wish you all the best, here... whatever works for you!

I appreciate the support, Mxy. And great video, this Jimmy Kimmel fella might make a name for himself yet.

A lot of people hate calorie counting (probably part of why the keto diet is so popular nowadays), but it's been great for me. It used to be that I'd end the day having grazed on enough sugary garbage to gum up multiple gas tanks, but now I realize how little that stuff satisfied my stomach. A bit more meat and more filling starches help me avoid snacking and still taste great. I guess I'm lucky in that "eat less, exercise more" works so well for me, when I've seen other people work seemingly twice as hard to no benefit.

Also, why did no one ever tell me how tasty fried perch is? I'm getting the feeling I'm going to have to learn how to cook fish at some point.

Blog Entries
    My dad LOVES fried perch! Man, I wish I had said something sooner!
    Find a new slant.

Microwaved "baked" potatoes may be better overall than the traditional oven-cooked type. The inside is just as good either way, and it's ready in practically a tenth of the time. I found that microwaving it without flipping it halfway through causes the bottom of the potato to thicken, which helps make up for the skin not being crispy like a proper baked potato.

I like it when laziness isn't synonymous with compromise!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Oobir View Post

I like it when laziness isn't synonymous with compromise!
    Don't we all, Mr. Oobir, don't we all..

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    I bet "DrRay" doesn't even own a microwave. FRAUD.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    I bet "DrRay" doesn't even own a microwave. FRAUD.
    Ridiculous! He’s a DOCTOR. smh
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread