+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Dow aproacheth 20k

The Dow aproacheth 20k

Do it! Expect a correction at some point after this latest run up. Will it hit 20k before it corrects? Does anyone give a shit?
    Players meeting my ASS!

Now with the swamp in charge, it will go crazy for another year and then it will crash and burn.

Thanks for jinxing it. Hopefully you pick the Packers on Sunday.

Feeling really bad about whoever Tahoe favors for anything in life. Stock market down again.

^LOL

I got out, or mostly out, a while ago. Did some individual stocks. But I missed the Trump run up, if that's what happened. I was hearing that things would go south and I was going to get back in, but Nov 9 it took off. I didn't catch it in time. Something will happen and it'll come back or correct, but overall the future should be good with the anticipated deregulation shit.
    Players meeting my ASS!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Not really a Trump run-up -- it fits with the 8-year trend since Obama became president.
    Look at the 5-10 year view of DJIA and it's obvious.

^ LOL
    Players meeting my ASS!

The Dow will have to hit ~30000 by the end of Trump's first term to equal the % performance of the Dow under Obama. Despite rhetoric, Trump's not starting out from the biggest recession in many decades like Obama did. The Dow was <8000 when Obama was inaugurated in 2009, greatly benefiting folks who had enough to spare in those dismal times to put money in Dow ETFs.

you can say this wasn't due to Trump all you want, but you'd be wrong.

The recession Obama inherited was due to liberal policies and when Bush wanted to regulate housing loans more and sent people to congress to testify, the liberal dems, of course, called them RACISTS. Its pretty much the only thing the libs have anymore, 'just call them racists'.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    you can say this wasn't due to Trump all you want, but you'd be wrong.
    Tell me what's wrong with my math:

January 20th 2009 -- Obama is inaugurated, Dow Jones is at 7949
    June 16th 2015 -- Trump announces his run, Dow Jones is at 17791
    There's 2338 days between those two dates.
    (17791-7949)/2338 = Dow goes up 4.2 points every day Obama's been in office to that point.

January 6th 2017 -- Tahoe says something silly, Dow Jones is at 19989
    There's 570 days between 06/16/2015 and 01/06/2017.
    (19989-17791)/570 = Dow goes up 3.85 points per day since Trump's campaign for presidency.

And you can plot this shit out for every year Obama's been in office and come up with about that same number. The trend is consistent. I'm not cherrypicking here.

The recession Obama inherited was due to liberal policies and when Bush wanted to regulate housing loans more and sent people to congress to testify, the liberal dems, of course, called them RACISTS. Its pretty much the only thing the libs have anymore, 'just call them racists'.
    By the time Bush woke up to the fact that his home ownership deregulation enabled people to be screwed and pushed for more regulation, it was far too late. Liberal policies? Liberal subprime bullshit loaning is more like it.

No, Bush's basic philosophy wasn't racist. His thinking was "if everyone can own a home, lots of good shit happens and it benefits minorities as much as anyone". His efforts to try and goose that were fucked, though.

+ Reply to Thread