+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: RJ for Horford

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    Well BJ was the PG when we had one of the most exciting times as Pistons fans in years, after releasing Smith last year. He handled PG duties just fine till he got hurt. Can he be 'that' player again? I'd bet he can 95% of his former self. He penetrates and dishes. He hit the outside shot surprisingly well, imo.
    BJ is a small PG and has always been a defensive liability. RJ has great size (his arms are crazy long) and the hope is he'd be a defensive positive. At the end of last year (I haven't compared since then), BJ did shoot the 3 better than RJ but not at a good rate overall. RJ was like top 3 in the league at finishing at the rim below just Harden and Parker (above guys like Westbrook).
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    BJ is a small PG and has always been a defensive liability. RJ has great size (his arms are crazy long) and the hope is he'd be a defensive positive. At the end of last year (I haven't compared since then), BJ did shoot the 3 better than RJ but not at a good rate overall. RJ was like top 3 in the league at finishing at the rim below just Harden and Parker (above guys like Westbrook).

I think statistically RJ would end up being a better PG, if he isn't already. I guess if we could someone how keep him and add a Horford type player it'd be nice.

I just don't like something about his game. He doesn't seen like a normal PG somehow.
    Players meeting my ASS!

^ adding...and if it'd be possible to add another great piece to the puzzle, I'd be fine with it. We have 3 assets on this team? Dre, RJ and KCP. I'm not in favor of trading KCP at all and Dre would be the 2nd least tradable pieces. RJ can go without much pain, imo.
    Players meeting my ASS!

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    It seems like RJ can get to the rim at will at times and those little flip-scoops he does off the backboard are just automatic. He's really good at getting the right amount of English on his layups and they just appear to go in as if by magic, I don't know how else to describe it....

I would agree with you on 'ranking' him third though, I just think it's highly unlikely he would be traded right after signing that big contract, it just wouldn't make any sense.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

But Dudie, I think SVG said numerous times that cap space isn't an asset or something. He said we need assets, so signing someone, anyone good to a reasonable contract. We signed RJ with some of that cap space after BJ was hurt, and luckily he seems have played up to, or close to, his contract.

As long as he is tradable, you brought up a good point whether he's even tradable, at least we have an asset to bargain with.
    Players meeting my ASS!

PG is more easily replaced than SG but KCP isn't a starting 2 if he can't shoot.
    STEW BEEF!

He finally seems to be proving it this year. Not just in summer league.
    Players meeting my ASS!

31% from 3 is proving he's never going to learn to shoot.
    STEW BEEF!

So if that the case then why are we waiting for this young team to break out?

Why are we waiting for Castelanos or Stafford or any other youngster to live up to their billing?

I feel KCP has progressed this year.
    Players meeting my ASS!

KCP never learning to shoot doesn't mean no young player will ever get better but we've been hoping he'll learn for 2 seasons (3 if you count his rookie year). How long do we wait?
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread