+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 58
FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast

Thread: The Donald Trump Appreciation Thread

I think the trade deficit with China is almost a half TRILLION dollars. Not sure on the exact number though.
    Players meeting my ASS!

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy View Post
    Playing the devil's advocate here to some extent...

How is China completely killing us on trade deals? We're getting tons of stuff cheaper because of it. The jobs being lost are jobs that were already on their way out before China, and not coming back. Did China kill Trump when he made numerous deals to sell Trump shit made in China? I doubt his deals were very different than anyone else's.

It's not business-friendly to intercept part of the savings on cheap products to re-educate displaced workers. Those business will just position such efforts as job-killing taxes, whether they are or not. And we all admire how much Trump pays in taxes...

That's not Devil's Advocate, that's just plain truth.

This carrier deal is the perfect example, even if he saved EVERY job it makes no sense. Those jobs are doomed, wasting millions of dollars to stave that off a couple years makes no sense. It's basic economics. Better to use those funds to retrain and prepare a new industry than postpone the inevitable AND make the rest of us pay more for air conditioners.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy View Post
    Playing the devil's advocate here to some extent...

How is China completely killing us on trade deals? We're getting tons of stuff cheaper because of it. The jobs being lost are jobs that were already on their way out before China, and not coming back. Did China kill Trump when he made numerous deals to sell Trump shit made in China? I doubt his deals were very different than anyone else's.

It's not business-friendly to intercept part of the savings on cheap products to re-educate displaced workers. Those business will just position such efforts as job-killing taxes, whether they are or not. And we all admire how much Trump pays in taxes...
    It hurts our country because China imposes "import taxes" on our products. When a US company exports a product to China, they are charged with a VAT of 17% plus an additional tax depending on the item. For example a car is charged with a 17% VAT and 25% import tax and depending on engine size, it could be taxed another additional 25% which puts American exports at a disadvantage. If a farmer wants to export Raisins to China, they get hit with a 17% VAT and a 35% tax and it's done to protect Chinese companies. You can't really play devil's advocate for that unless you are Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    That's not Devil's Advocate, that's just plain truth.

This carrier deal is the perfect example, even if he saved EVERY job it makes no sense. Those jobs are doomed, wasting millions of dollars to stave that off a couple years makes no sense. It's basic economics. Better to use those funds to retrain and prepare a new industry than postpone the inevitable AND make the rest of us pay more for air conditioners.
    This has nothing to do with Carrier and Mexico and has to with how US companies exports are worthless because they tax the fuck out of them in order for China to force people to buy Chinese stuff because it's much cheaper. They are sneaky as fuck and disrespectful to the US. That thing with Obama was uncalled for with the stairs and how they treated the US officials. Fuck the Chinese.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/05/wo...ival.html?_r=0

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMyers View Post
    It hurts our country because China imposes "import taxes" on our products. When a US company exports a product to China, they are charged with a VAT of 17% plus an additional tax depending on the item. For example a car is charged with a 17% VAT and 25% import tax and depending on engine size, it could be taxed another additional 25% which puts American exports at a disadvantage. If a farmer wants to export Raisins to China, they get hit with a 17% VAT and a 35% tax and it's done to protect Chinese companies. You can't really play devil's advocate for that unless you are Chinese.
    The biggest protectionist game that the Chinese engage in is not import taxes, but in keeping the yuan artificially cheap (which involves, among other things, buying U.S. debt). Import taxes are great for posturing internally and protecting them against Vietnam, but that's not about the U.S. China doesn't need import taxes when the dollar is high-priced to begin with (and being stoked by China when it wavers). Add some selective government enforcement (or lack thereof) and graft and they have all the protectionism they need. This isn't quite like the Japanese island nation kerietsu in the '80s coming out of a WWII-induced cocoon.

Still, we export >$100 billion to mainland China and it's doubled since the last decade. Factor our petroleum stuff and China probably imports the most from us, even if they're not terribly thrilled by the idea. How does Trump do something effective that doesn't screw the pooch, here?

What I said is a big problem and needs to be fixed. Crooked Hillary would never fix it because she took millions from the Chinese.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Oh Jesus.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    The New King!
    Find a new slant.

^ I hope he acts like Obama. He has maybe 2 years to reverse everything Obama did. Won't quite get it all, but I bet he comes close.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Trump tells Barrack Hussein Obama's ambassadors to GTFO by inauguration day. LOL
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread