+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: You are cordially invited: Glan's True Detective thread

Blog Entries
    The overacting in last night's episode was just too much.

This is mostly on point. (spoilers)

http://mashable.com/2015/07/13/true-...ive-episode-4/
    Find a new slant.

The only part I really disliked was:

"Bezzerides runs through the building, where people are still milling around despite that THERE IS A MASSIVE GUNFIGHT GOING ON OUTSIDE.. Bezzerides is now chasing an SUV on foot, and somehow is keeping up while a fresh set of thugs is shooting at her. She's as fast as a car!"

That was silly thought the car was having to wind through an alley, from my recollection.

The rest wasn't any more or less realistic than other stuff we see on TV. It was still suspenseful for me and I'm confident clever writing will begin to show through toward the end of the season, similar to how season 1 played out. I could be wrong, but who knows at this point?

I think the explosion on the top floor was foreshadowing of a either a coverup of someone's hideout or a cook lab, or something similar to that.

We'll see.

Blog Entries
    Three more eps until this shit gets rebooted. Hope they try harder next time.
    Find a new slant.

I thought the last episode was fantastic, one of the best of the series.

I feel like you've gone in trying to hate every episode due to the actors so no point in debating. The only one that's not selling it for me is Vince.

Blog Entries
    It definitely was the best episode so far. It's really strange because they're having different directors direct these episodes from episode-to-episode, and you can certainly tell the difference. This episode almost seemed like a completely different show. It's so disjointed from the rest of them it had kind of a 60s James Bond feel to it - even the music was completely different. At times it almost had a Goodfellas feel to it. One of the strangest TV series seasons I can remember.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    They should get the chick from the AT&T commershes for the next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Glantland View Post
    It definitely was the best episode so far. It's really strange because they're having different directors direct these episodes from episode-to-episode, and you can certainly tell the difference. This episode almost seemed like a completely different show. It's so disjointed from the rest of them it had kind of a 60s James Bond feel to it - even the music was completely different. At times it almost had a Goodfellas feel to it. One of the strangest TV series seasons I can remember.
    I don't disagree with that, it is somewhat disjointed. That musical score for the last episode was great.

Finale tonight you guys

Blog Entries
    meh.
    Find a new slant.

Yup... meh. Nothing mindblowing.

6.5 or 7/10 season... definitely disappointing compared to last. A couple of great high points, combined with a bunch of meh and a bunch of confusion.

+ Reply to Thread