+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: You are cordially invited: Glan's True Detective thread

Everything I know about this show is summarized in one paragraph in this article. http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/tru...ked-1723048186

True Detective Season Two Lines, Ranked
    15. “Thing is, you ain’t that thing no more. What you used to was.”
    The conventional wisdom is this whole enterprise was toast without Matthew McConaughey to sell it and Cary Fukunaga to frame it and nobody around to tell Nic Pizzolatto No or Please don’t do that or I’m telling you for the last time or You can’t have it back or Sorry dogg I threw your typewriter into the ocean. But the truth is there has never been a more inevitable backlash to a season of television in television history: Season one was a cool little show that got relentlessly overinflated by the conspiracy-theorist internet and bummed everyone out with its LOL Sorry Just A Crazy Redneck Guy anticlimax and terrorized everyone with a good half-year of intolerable #truedetectiveseason2 jokes, and consequently, we had it in for this thing from the beginning, whether it sucked or not. Or, to put it another way,
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    I lolled at this

But since having every single one of our main characters die would be just a little too depressing, Ani makes it out of the country, with only a new haircut and her daring sense of do-good to sustain her. Only when we see what kind of life she’s carved out for herself (much of which was spent trying to get more evidence on this case) we also discover that she had Ray’s baby (surprise!) and that she’s raising him on the run with Jordan and that one guy who was still loyal to Frank. So I guess that’s kind of a happy ending for them? Jordan got a baby after all? Ani found the truth sort of? That one henchman got to visit Venezuela?
    http://entertainthis.usatoday.com/20...omega-station/
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Maybe I'll check out season 1 someday.

Blog Entries
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Watched the first three or four episodes of season 1 and that's it for some reason.

Blog Entries
    Tonight, fam.
    Find a new slant.

Excited. Like that dude from the Kevin Spacey's last hurrah. Now they've done it well once and done it poorly once so they should know where they stand. Still never seen and episode. That' might change tonight.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    It’s good. Huge jump from season 2.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Kinda surprised they want to roll out a new ep vs the Super Boring Bowl (ha!) but it works for me, see ya, suckers!
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread