+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pistons hiring Arn Tellem

The Pistons annual ritual of getting the 9th pick in the draft.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    The tl;dr version is that Arn Tellem is connected all over the damn place.

It's a good article worth reading in full.

Blog Entries
    We finally have a Detroit media dude that's worth a damn in Bill Shea, my opinion.
    Find a new slant.

Bill Shea is AWFUL. Guy swam into the DSR for like a month and was just obliterated. The Crains angle is the only thing "he" brings which anyone from Crains would bring.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Guy got ripped on DSR = bad reporter
    Find a new slant.

The purpose of the DSR is/was to be critical of sports reporting, so yeah. The good reporters are lauded. The bad ones are criticized. The pompous bad ones are obliterated. I believe he wrote a blog entry or some report that was complimentary of the DSR before joining, joined and exposed his dar and then quickly snowballed his dar into self immolation and mockery from the group.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    The purpose of the DSR is/was to be critical of sports reporting, so yeah. The good reporters are lauded. The bad ones are criticized. The pompous bad ones are obliterated. I believe he wrote a blog entry or some report that was complimentary of the DSR before joining, joined and exposed his dar and then quickly snowballed his dar into self immolation and mockery from the group.
    Shea might be bad at engaging in internet banter or not clever enough to out-insult those guys (or maybe not come to their parties), but I like his published material. I find Moss' brand of antagonism entertaining at times, but I don't feel like he's the arbiter of what good writing is or is not. He's got an opinion like we do, but you and I don't have a six-pack of cronies like he does.
    Find a new slant.

I do have cronies but Shea isn't terrible because he was awful at the DSR, he's terrible because he's a lazy reporter (generally the main issue that runs someone afoul at the DSR, btw). And I'm not using the DSR as the arbiter of reporting value, but rather as a reference to how I'm aware of his awfulness. I interacted with the guy and paid attention to his work because he joined the DSR. He was destroyed at the DSR because it is full of people who pay attention to, not just sports but, sports media in particular and his shuck and jive reporting couldn't hold up to the scrutiny.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread