+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TRADE: Reggie Jackson to Pistons

Blog Entries

TRADE: Reggie Jackson to Pistons

The Oklahoma City Thunder have traded point guard Reggie Jackson to the Detroit Pistons as part of a three-team deal with the Utah Jazz, Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports reports.

The Thunder will also send Kendrick Perkins to the Jazz in exchange for Enes Kanter and acquire Kyle Singler from the Pistons, Wojnarowski reports.

Blog Entries
    Looks like DJ's gone too. (OKC)

really hate to lose DJ. kid is nice. but he's not a longterm starter. so to get Jackson is nothing short of a steal IMO. like that kid a lot- he would be a starter on many other teams. he brings size and toughness too.

he's a RFA so financially the deal is tough to swallow. we'll have to pay a lot to keep him. but my immediate reaction is this is an awesome trade. did not see this coming...

It's easily a positive trade for us. And the dude was apparently dying to get out of OKC so he should love the opportunity.
    STEW BEEF!

great trade for both teams really. OKC gets durrant's former texas teammate and a solid backup PG behind westbrook who won't be upset he's not a starter, as Jackson was. Detroit gets a young, hungry, eager to prove himself reggie Jackson who will be a RFA this offseason. if he's awesome we can match any offer OR even sign and trade him if we get the right offer. it's a win-win for us. and a good move for OKC too. especially if you look at who else they traded for. they could make a legit run. we could be building a legit team. everybody wins.

turns out we also gave up 2nd rounders in 2017 and in 2019 in this deal. now I'm infuriated and think this was a terrible deal!

I kid, I kid. I wouldn't say they're meaningless because you want picks to take shots on players- you never know what gem you might uncover. but having said that, we can trade for them as easily as we can trade them away. so it's no major loss and I'm fine with it.

now since I said that, watch those picks turn into 2 future HOF players for some other team.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    In 13 games as a starter, Augustin scored 19 ppg with 8 apg on 45% shooting.
    His team went 4-9.

In 13 games, Jackson as a starter scored 20 ppg with 8 apg on 42% shooting.
    His team went 3-10.

Jackson's younger and hopefully a better defender... we'll see.
    I'm iffy on this move, and I'd love to be proven wrong.

The assumption is that DJ is at his max potential and Jackson has the possibility to grow (whether he does or not, who knows).
    STEW BEEF!

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    I can't hate this move. I'm still crying over Jennings though.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I don't think it's horrible, but I'm skeptical about it helping us win more games.

+ Reply to Thread