+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 48
FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistons news, y'all

Gores purchases the rest of the team. I think he still might find some other owners...private types. Hate to say it, but he probably has Donald Sterling to thank a little bit. The sale of that clown's team increased values.

Not sure if he had to pay updated appreciation of the team or was it just a loan from the fund he controlled?
    Players meeting my ASS!

Ballmer over paying surely helped some but it's the television contract and the expected labor peace that helps a lot more. Plus the weakness of the player union and the increased revenue the owners negotiated back from the players in the last CBA. The biggest thing that helped the TV deal is the continued development of the internet as an entertainment medium and the breakdown of the cable industry strangle hold on distribution. Networks are throwing cash at sports as the only broadcast product unphased by timeshifting.
    STEW BEEF!

Damn, Fool broke out the knowledge there. Good post Foo!
    Players meeting my ASS!

7?

Weakness of players union? Can't be any more weak than NFL's. Who lets the comish decide punishment and then lets the comish decide the appeal on the punishment?
    Players meeting my ASS!

Check the Kelsey thread for what 7 means.

NBA comish has even more say on punishments (since judges don't turn over his season long suspensions even less so 4 game ones) but you are right that the NFLPA is the weakest. NFL player salaries are a joke compared to even hockey salaries given how short NFL players' careers are and how so little of their money is guaranteed.
    STEW BEEF!

Ersan seems to be putting up 15ish pretty consistently. Is that all we'll need from him? Where is the scoring coming from? KCP, AJ and Morris, Ersan and Dre in that order?
    Players meeting my ASS!

Lord help us if KCP is the highest scorer. Dre will score more than KCP. Jackson will be the primary scoring guard (and on the team as a whole).
    STEW BEEF!

Dre 13.8 to 12.7 for KCP.

Looking at the roster or even starting 5, I don't see where the scoring is going to come from. I guess we have to hope AJ can score. He did do a little better at the end of the year. Personally, I'm hoping Jennings can come back.
    Players meeting my ASS!

I guess I'm not sold on AJ just yet.
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread