+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 48
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistons news, y'all

we need to go out and buy a couple of 1st rounders! lakers are willing to move theirs, the suns are willing to trade one of theirs and I'm hearing the bulls are too- among others. and these are teams not just willing to package them but to trade them- for cash or future considerations. why? because they're trying to shed guaranteed contracts (particularly Chicago) so they can pursue FAs. this is a great opportunity to either buy a pick for cash!

this is a deep enough draft where I think it's a great move even if it costs a future #1 (with better protection than joe had!) as well as cash.

we should be trying really hard to trade josh smith for a nice pick but if not, then buy into the 1st round and target someone like stauskas. the kid is a baller and with his shooting, smarts, and high basketball IQ, he would be a great complimentary player to a guy like Drummond.

Blog Entries
    @drpemberton
    The #Pistons announce assistant general manager George David has resigned. David spent 17 years in the Pistons' organization.
    Find a new slant.

Jodie meeks soon to be a piston? he's not a top tier FA, obviously, but he's a very solid player and brings the type of shooting we need. has pretty nice athleticism too. I think we got him for a good price too and didn't wildly overpay like we usually do in FA.

put him with a more developed Drummond and that'll help space the defense out more. good signing!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Higherwarrior View Post
    Jodie meeks soon to be a piston? he's not a top tier FA, obviously, but he's a very solid player and brings the type of shooting we need. has pretty nice athleticism too. I think we got him for a good price too and didn't wildly overpay like we usually do in FA.

put him with a more developed Drummond and that'll help space the defense out more. good signing!
    You're the first person I've seen on twitter/tv to say we didn't overpay.

(Also http://www.wtfdetroit.com/forums/sho...Meeks-a-Piston)
    Find a new slant.

I didn't say we didn't overpay. I said we didn't WILDLY overpay. yes his pricetag got a bit inflated given the destination and the fact that FAs get overpaid, period. but it's not the type of wild overpaying that comes back to haunt a franchise IMO. he's a good player and will do well. it's not like we're building the franchise around him nor does his contract reflect that. but he's one of those sleepers FAs that I think people will look back and see it as a good signing.

he was not going to come cheap given the demand for shooters and his upside. it's not a bad deal IMO.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Summer league... makes me feel fine!
    But I've got Andre Drummond on my mi-i-ind

Smiff to the Kings trade talks revived.

So the Kings would have Gay Cousins and Smith for their big 3.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...ith-trade-talk
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries

Do it. Than release Terry. Let him go to the Mavs. Who gives a shit. I think we'd be able to eat 6 mil next year no probs.

edit...if we dont' want his dumb ass.
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread