+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: 30 for 30 Bad Boys

30 for 30 Bad Boys

Can't believe you phegz don't have a thread for this show, but then again, I can believe it with y'all. Or maybe there is a thread in some other forum.

But this show, this team or that team, is what associates us to each other, politics divides us.

And then there is Detroit Export...smh...what a pheg. lol
    Players meeting my ASS!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I recorded it and finally got around to watching it... good stuff. I'm surprised that they didn't show Vinnie and AD bump heads. In general, it seemed like Vinnie got the short end as far as interviewing. I thoroughly enjoyed it, of course. They mentioned how Bird (and most of the Celtics) went off the court without being loveydovey with the Pistons, but never explained why it was such a big deal when the Pistons did the same.

That phantom foul still hurts me to see...

Our bad boy is back

Blog Entries
    It was fun to watch for sure.

The Grantland Bad Boys special afterwards had its moments, too.

I'm saddened to see Dantley still going on about how he was jobbed, though:

http://www.freep.com/article/2014041...S03/304180099/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy View Post
    The Grantland Bad Boys special afterwards had its moments, too.

I'm saddened to see Dantley still going on about how he was jobbed, though:

http://www.freep.com/article/2014041...S03/304180099/
    They should've had Dantley come out and confront Isiah Jerry Springer style. Would've been the greatest thing ever.

Who would name a website "Grantland" That is so gay that I refuse to visit it.

yeah I only just got to watch it last night. awesome memories. those were the best days of the nba and the best of pistons history too obviously. I also wish they had spoken more on Vinnie Johnson and what he meant to the team. james Edwards didn't get much mention either but he was a fantastic big man on the block for us.

I still feel that team is so underrated and underappreciated. we very well could have won 3 titles in a row- at a time when it was actually hard to win- and we essentially ended the great Celtics dynasty AND the great lakers dynasty...not to mention we abused the soon to be great bulls for 3 years in a row before age and Jordan's greatness finally took over.

some other important takeaways from this, for those too young to remember:

-the pistons played the way a number of teams played back then; we did not invent rough play, we just mastered it.

-I wish the pistons hadn't walked off the court against the bulls for a few reasons....however it's important to note the Celtics did the SAME THING when we dethroned them! why was that never highlighted? it's amazing how history is retold and shaped to fit the narrative people want to hear. this was touched on very briefly but IMO not enough.

-Jordan talked about how disrespectful we were by walking off the court against them.....however it's important to note that prior to that game, he was all in the media disrespecting the pistons and saying how everyone outside of Detroit will be happy when they're gone. so while the early walk off may not technically be the right thing to do, how do you shake hands with a guy who has ZERO respect for you as a 2 time nba champion? this situation is misremembered by the majority of people and it's really unfair and IMO causes the legacy of the pistons to be downplayed. this was a fantastic team- one of the 5 alltime great teams in nba history in my estimation.

-the greatness of the pistons was also in their offensive ability. people think of them as a lockdown, knock you out defensive team...and they were that. but they could hang points on you in a hurry too- in the up tempo game or in half court. they truly were one of the most well rounded and versatile teams in nba history.

-I had forgotten that mahorn was actually drafted in the expansion draft the SAME DAY as our victory parade. that is one of the cruelest and worst mistakes the nba has ever made. how do you have that happen on the same day? I think that's absolutely awful- the nba clearly messed that one up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Higherwarrior View Post

-Jordan talked about how disrespectful we were by walking off the court against them.....however it's important to note that prior to that game, he was all in the media disrespecting the pistons and saying how everyone outside of Detroit will be happy when they're gone. so while the early walk off may not technically be the right thing to do, how do you shake hands with a guy who has ZERO respect for you as a 2 time nba champion? this situation is misremembered by the majority of people and it's really unfair and IMO causes the legacy of the pistons to be downplayed. this was a fantastic team- one of the 5 alltime great teams in nba history in my estimation.
    Yeah, Simmons himself thinks the '89-'90 team is the 4th greatest of all time.

Not mentioned: The 10th and 11th men on the '89 Bad Boys were John Long and Micheal Williams.
    They couldn't even crack the Bad Boys rotation. They'd have been rotation players on most other teams.
    It would've been nice to see a nod to Fennis Dembo somewhere in there, too.
    We had a human victory cigar before Darko.

+ Reply to Thread