+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lions next head coach?

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Izzo View Post
    Now Glazer's reporting that Schwartz is being shitcanned.
    Can't wait to see what idiot we get next.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

I have no clue who they'll hire but here's a list of a lot of what I'd like:
    • A details coach. All the best coaches cover every minute detail.
    • A coach with a history of good discipline. I don't care if he's been an HC, OC or DC, his players were disciplined and made few stupid mistakes.
    • A coach with good communication skills. It helps. Notice how all the successful coaches and teams today have it.
    • Either a history of grooming a QB or the ability to choose a good OC who can.
    • Calm cofidence. You don't see Bellichick, Peyton, Fox or even Harbaugh when he gets histrionic act like Shorts did. Most Super Bowl winning coaches are like that.
    • Good strategist who understands adjustments.

I have no idea if there's a coach with all that. The only retread I can think of right now that wouldn't make me puke is Gruden, though I'm not sure I'd celebrate that either.

Blog Entries
    Need a head coach, not a coordinator.

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

I'm fine with giving a shot to a coordinator. Almost all the best coaches came from being an OC or DC first. It's about criteria more than type of previous experience IMO.

Oh. I'd want a guy who's shown he can coach well in big game.

Blog Entries
    You are wrong and have learned nothing.

GO WHITE!

I'm honestly lost here. How many of the best coaches have at least been a coordinator at some level? For the most part Super Bowl winning coaches come from pro ranks more than college ones. The only three I can think of that went college to pro and won a Super Bowl in the last 30 years would be Jimmy Johnson, Tom Coughlin and Bill Walsh (who went from college HC to pro HC but had been a pro assistant for years). I don't count Harbaugh since he's yet to win a Super Bowl but I'm all right if you want to put him on this list. Pete Carroll could be another one but he hasn't won a SB and he spent a ton of years in the NFL, including as HC, before he went to USC. I do not count Swtizer since he won with Jimmy Johnson's team.

As for past NFL coaches (or ones that might get the ax) is there one that you would prefer?

Yeah, there's not much available in the "head coach" department. Dungy already said he's done coaching, Gruden is a long shot, Cowher is out of the realm of feasibility... the only maybe would be Lovie Smith, Ken Whisenhunt, or Norv Turner, all of whom proved incapable of doing much more than what Schwartz has. Turner is probably better suited at OC, and may be available because it's rumored that Chud is out in Cleveland.

Blog Entries
    Brian Kelly?
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Gonna troll that a bit and see what turns up.
    Find a new slant.

I'd take Lovie Smith. At least he went to the Super Bowl and made the playoffs most years. Don't care for all these "hot shot" coordinators. I can't believe the Browns are looking at Josh Mcdaniels or our own GYM SHORTS. Thats why both our franchises are losers.

+ Reply to Thread