+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: OGT: Nate is Back

Quote Originally Posted by DrRay11 View Post
    This is fucking infuriating. Piss poor effort.
    This.

When Tahoe comes online and rants about how shitty Stafford was this game there won't be anything to disagree with (for this game anyways).

But this is coaching. Gym Shorts and his staff must go. Every week it's the same damn thing. Too many dumb penalties, too many turnovers, too many big plays, too many dropped balls (and lots of those becoming tipped balls for interceptions). That's coaching (other than our shitty secondary). It'a all coaching.

Would Bellichick or Reid or Peyton have done a better job with Stafford? And I mean both developing him and giving him a better offensive scheme and adjustments.

Look at the year over year difference with Peyton, Reid and Harbaugh when he took over the 49ers. Coaching is huge and this team doesn't have it. I will root for the Lions to make the playoffs, I don't believe in my team losing so that they can get what I'd like or want. But Gym Shorts and his staff must go. And if the next hire doesn't help and if the overall depth of the team can't improve, Mayhew should be on the block soon too.

Stafford had a terrible game. Combine that with a lot of the "luck" of the Lions. Upset stomach right now. Somehow, after faceplanting two weeks in a row, the Lions could still compete for the playoffs.

The effort the past two weeks ain't gonna cut it, however.

Quote Originally Posted by DE View Post
    This.

When Tahoe comes online and rants about how shitty Stafford was this game there won't be anything to disagree with (for this game anyways).

But this is coaching. Gym Shorts and his staff must go. Every week it's the same damn thing. Too many dumb penalties, too many turnovers, too many big plays, too many dropped balls (and lots of those becoming tipped balls for interceptions). That's coaching (other than our shitty secondary). It'a all coaching.

Would Bellichick or Reid or Peyton have done a better job with Stafford? And I mean both developing him and giving him a better offensive scheme and adjustments.

Look at the year over difference with Peyton, Reid and Harbaugh when he took over the 49ers. Coaching is huge and this team doesn't have it. I will root for the Lions to make the playoffs, I don't believe in my team losing so that they can get what I'd like or want. But Gym Shorts and his staff must go. And if the next hire doesn't help and if the overall depth of the team can't improve, Mayhew should be on the block soon too.
    I hear ya. Schwartz needs to lose the ego. That generally doesn't happen this late in life... peace out/burn in hell, Schwartz

John Fox went to a Super Bowl and went toe-to-toe with the in-their-prime Patriots with Jake Delhomme. He took Denver to the playoffs and won a fucking game with Tebow for fuck sake. Can the Lions ever get a good coach?

This is the same Statsford peeps. This is what he does and has been doing for years.
    Players meeting my ASS!

He is who I thought he was.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    This is the same Statsford peeps. This is what he does and has been doing for years.
    Not really true. But, ok. I will grant he had a very terrible week.

Thats what I see in Stats. SOS.

Not saying the safety didn't blow help with Houston or shit like that. But this offense has so many weapons and Stats can't get it done.
    Players meeting my ASS!

As we're just posting our one-dimensional views on things I'll continue with my frustrations with the coaching. So far the Lions have lost 4 tough winnable games with the Cardinals, the Bengal, the Steelers and now Bucs where they really had done enough to win it but lost especially because of all the stupid stuff previously discussed. Their record against good teams is horrible. And I have no confidence that this will change any time soon.

+ Reply to Thread