+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Documentaries.

Blog Entries
    Watched The Sheik. As you would expect from any self-produced biopic/doc, it was pretty much a puff/promotional piece. Still pretty well done, felt a bit formulaic, though.

My favorite parts were seeing/hearing from Superfly Snuka, King Kong Bundy and Jake the Snake in current day.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Gun Club documentary is up on YouTube, been wanting to check that out.

Credits are rolling on "No No:A Dockumentary" about Dock Ellis. "This absorbing documentary looks at the stormy career of Pittsburgh Pirates ace Dock Ellis, who threw a no-hitter June 12, 1970 while high on LSD."

Gave it 5 stars on Netflix.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    That's on my short list to check out, too.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Supermensch is definitely worth watching. Checked it out about a month ago and found myself asking if it was true or a mockumentary. Some of the stories and photos just seem too made up to be real. Check it out bros and let me know what you think. Shep Gordon story.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glanmazing View Post
    That's on my short list to check out, too.
    It was good. I thought it was going be sort of a joke (plus Pittsburgh is ass) and was planning to just have it on in the background while I did some work on the computer, ended up watching with full attention. Mostly about he got attention to draw the public's attention to race inequalities while playing and what uses he put his experiences to after baseball. Guy reminded me a lot of Sheed, only with a productive retirement career.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    I'm just a dadguy, so I don't know a damn thing about her, other than she had a drug problem, but this looks intriguing, especially given the reviews.

Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    Credits are rolling on "No No:A Dockumentary" about Dock Ellis. "This absorbing documentary looks at the stormy career of Pittsburgh Pirates ace Dock Ellis, who threw a no-hitter June 12, 1970 while high on LSD."

Gave it 5 stars on Netflix.
    Watched this last night. I was surprised at the ending, had no idea he was dead while I was watching it. I couldn't stop thinking about how much he reminded me of Rasheed, in almost every way.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Find a new slant.

Watched some Doc on Netflix about Churchill during the 1st World War. It was pretty ass, which is hard to do w/Churchill because he was a mother fucking boss.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread