+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Convince MoTown to watch the NBA again

Blog Entries
    I've drifted away some the last few years, really irritated (still) by CV and Gordon signings. I watched more non-Pistons NBA games last year than Pistons games for the first time I remember. Still kept my interest in rumors and transactions, of course. But I'm more intrigued for this season, especially if we add another good piece through trade.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Might still be a lottery team, though.
    Find a new slant.

I'll probably pony up for the NBA online pass whatever that thing is this year.

I can handle the Pistons being average, I just want to watch a game where they play defense and some type of team basketball.

And CV is quite possibly my least favorite Piston of all time, narrowly edging out Flip Murray. The guy has the worst case of tunnel vision I've ever seen. Couple that with being a no talent ass clown, you're on MoTown's shit list.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Just some thoughts/musings from the least of the basketball posters here:

I watch Pistons games when they're on TV for me (ie rarely) but I'll watch good national games and a lot of the playoffs. There have been some great series over the last couple of years. What's amazing is that, maybe paradoxically, teams still have to play great defense on some level to win it all. The Clippers D sucked and out they went. The Heat can get stops and it showed the last two years.

But at the same time the new rules seem to have hurt the non-starry teams (EDIT: seem my ass, what I meant to say is that they have absolutely hurt them). You can't have a 2004 Pistons that's for sure. And Indiana absolutely got screwed a number of times in that series this year. And I that sucks. I would rather watch a team play as a complete team on both ends of the floor than just some great offense.
    Last edited by DE; 07-29-2013 at 01:39 PM.

There are multiple reasons to be excited about our future...

Running our offense through the high/low post with Monroe, Drummond and Smith... we should be able to score inside with those 3.

Surrounding those guys will be capable 3-point shooters:

Billups = 38.8% career percentage

Knight = 36.7% last season

CV = 34.7%

Singler = 35%

Assuming Datome, Middleton and K.C.P can be some kind of threat from long range the idea that we lack "spacing" is complete and utter bullshit!

What we lack is a consistent facilitator outside Monroe... and while we all (probably) hope that Chauncey will solve that issue the fact remains he's 37 fucking years old!

IMO this is make or break for Brandon Knight...if Cheeks and Chauncey can help him become a better facilitator then we'll be fine.... even though every cunt whines about spacing
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

+ Reply to Thread