+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ask DE

I don't know. I'd love to say the Bruins but that's because I fucking hate the Blackhawks. I mean I hate Boston teams but other than the Celtics, I hate Chicago teams even more. I've hated the Blackhawks since at least the Jacques Demers days with the Wings. So that has to be factored into this.

The Bruins smoked the Pens. Fucking owned them. They pushed them around. They shut them down all over the ice. They took away all play in the neutral zone and never let the Penguins once get comfortable. The truth is so that the Pens are cheap shots and gruff and bluff but deep down they're mostly pussies. Especially they're forwards. I will go to my grave believing that their blue liners won them their cup against the Wings more than anything their forwards did. The hawks have shown to have more balls though. They stepped up against the Wings and they did what it takes against the Kings.

But I think the Bruins are better right now than either of those two. I think the majority of hawks goals and momentum come from turnovers and flying through the neutral ice with quick transitions. They kill you if you screw up a line change. The Bruins didn't have any of those problems with the Pens.

I'm gonna take the Bruins as well. I'll say 6. But take that with a grain of salt.

I've got the Bruins too.

Blog Entries
    Get a chance to catch the Wings' draft? What do you think?

I love that first pick. A big goal scoring forward?! If that's not the Wing's first need than it's second. I was pretty psyched with that one. I think the second one was interesting (I think it's the second one). It's the one where they compared him to Shaw, a little guy who creates problems and pisses people off. If he can be like Shaw was for the cawks in the playoffs I'm happy about that too.

I haven't really looked at any of the other picks though tbh.

Blog Entries
    I read that Mantha plays like he doesn't give a shit sometimes. That's the only thing about him that really bugs me.

That won't be tolerated RIGHT HERE IN THE D.

I didn't know that. I'll hope that's because of competition levels. I guess the Wings will see when he's in GR.

Blog Entries
    Think "we" can be legit SC contenders this year?

Hell yeah! The kool-aid is getting up to tsunami levels here!

They do. Boston is going to be very, very tough and there are some other good teams. But the Wings are younger, faster and deeper than last year. It's been so long since they could put the two mega-stars on the same line consistently and still roll four lines (the last time were the last SC years I think). The D has good size, great skills and have great potential to be amazing.

At the same time I think Reverend Mick brought up a good point tonight. Boston and Philly can be both tough and skilled, Boston especially. The Bruins and maybe a couple of other teams can skate with the Wings. And the way the Wings play just trying to go rough or gooning it up really doesn't work.

It's preseason. But it's looking good.

Wanna glass?

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    A simple friend has never seen you cry.
    A real friend has shoulders soggy from your tears.

A simple friend doesn’t know your parents’ first names.
    A real friend has their phone numbers in his address book.

A simple friend brings a bottle of wine to your party.
    A real friend comes early to help you cook and stays late to help you clean.

A simple friend hates it when you call after he has gone to bed.
    A real friend asks you why you took so long to call.

A simple friend seeks to talk with you about your problems.
    A real friend seeks to help you with your problems.

A simple friend wonders about your romantic history.
    A real friend could blackmail you with it.

A simple friend, when visiting, acts like a guest.
    A real friend opens your refrigerator and helps himself.

A simple friend thinks the friendship is over when you have an argument.
    A real friend knows that it’s not a friendship until after you’ve had a
    fight.

A simple friend expects you to always be there for them.
    A real friend expects to always be there for you!

Pass this on to anyone you care about….if you get it back you have
    found your true friends!

+ Reply to Thread