+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask DE

Blog Entries

Ask DE

How drastically are the Wings going to have to change their playing style in order to be successful in the Eastern Conference?

Blog Entries
    Think you can put together an offseason mock, similar to what DrRay does for the Lions?

Quote Originally Posted by Beauld Flavors View Post
    How drastically are the Wings going to have to change their playing style in order to be successful in the Eastern Conference?
    That a good question and one that's been playing in my head for a while. My feelings right now are not that much. The East is top heavy with the fucking Penguins and the Bruins as their top dogs (Maybe Montreal can get thrown in there). I omit the Caps because they've never really proven it. The West overall is much more talented and faster than the East. That said however the Wings don't really have the talent to say their up there with the Bruins or the fucking Penguins.

The Wings this year were more of a checking team (more or less) than before. I think they should continue and improve up on that and if they can get back to some of their fast transition and puck possession, they'll make it tough for the majority of teams in the East.

Quote Originally Posted by Beauld Flavors View Post
    Think you can put together an offseason mock, similar to what DrRay does for the Lions?
    No fucking way. His mock is downright awesome. The hacks at the Detroit rags should see his work and give him a chunk of their salary around draft time.

So the real question is can I put together an offseason mock? I don't know. I'm not that great on the who's who with players and talent. But I have a friend who is really good at that stuff and maybe I can talk to him. I know I should do something to contribute, especially after I've called out what can help this site.

Hopefully you'll have some time as the Wings go deep into the postseason.

Hopefully.

Blog Entries
    Do you miss Gary Thorne calling NHL games?

Not too much but he was great and I liked him and Bill Clement. The first one for me growing up was Bruce Martin with Sid Abel. They'd do radio and tv. Very underrated. There was the CBC crew and when Bowman did color. I remembr Al Michaels ans Ken Dryden but thanks to the movies now everyone does. I liked Dave Strader and am enjoying listening to him now.

Doc Emrick is awesome. Like Ernie Harwell telling stories while calling the play awesome.

Watching those awesome clips you've posted, he was really good. Thing is I was also living out of the country starting in 94 (more or less).

Blog Entries
    What are some good, informative Detroit Red Wings sites, you guy?

You know, I don't really know. I read a combination of national ans local news and really haven't looked at other stuff. I was checking out bleacher to see some articles there. I'm hoping to have a ray-like offseason post soon (though he set the bar way high) and I'll hopefully have a couple of good sources by then.

+ Reply to Thread