+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: It's time to grow this site.

It's time to grow this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Guy Glan View Post
    There was a time when deserved this kind of effort.

Feel kinda guilty about it now.
    This came from D's AWESOME mock thread.

This is not your fault Glan and I'm not trying to be personal but this actually upset me. We should still deserve this effort. It takes work to keep a site going. I know there used to be a lot of great posters here, hell that's why I joined here in the first place (among a few other reasons) but I think we could absolutely get more posters again. Here is my plan:
    1. Motown, Zip, Swami, Uxka and so many others are gone. Wizzle was just hyesterical and H1 was awesome for hockey. If they come back, great. If not, fuck 'em.
    2. Time to add new members to the Syndicate. Beau should be top hitman, the Nitty of this crew. Mxy is Consigliere. I would add Tahoe as an alternate or even the 5th member if you want a 5 person syndicate (I mean he is a great goon, right?).
    3. Can we get some sports blog posts maybe twice or three times a month from posters? D MUST have a football column for us. Vinny the same for baseball. Beau for just sheer awesomeness. Mxy for OT stuff. I haven't mentioned basketball because we have quite a few quality posters for that. We should have at least 3 for that since that is our biggest sport here.
    4. Glan, you're a nice guy and are key to this site. However your use of the Twitter feed should change just a bit IMO. I love the arguments with moron Detroit journalists. And if you want to keep talking about pizza, your kids and poop, well, all right. But you should be promoting this site via twitter. You need to post on Twitter links to great posts and threads. Example "Dr. Ray's awesome 2.0 mock for the Lions NFL draft is here! What are you thoughts? (link)" Or, "Tiger's - Jay's game 2 today, join us for the game! (Link)"
    5. Is twitter enough or would Facebook be worth it? (I don't honestly know) If so then there have to be tons of posts to FB as well.
    6. Fix the fucking new posts button already!

I like the group here. I also think there are great potential posters out there. This site needs new blood and needs to work to get it.

Blog Entries
    7. Get a "like" button so I can LIKE THIS FUCKING POST ^

Holy shit yes! I totally forgot that. Good one Nitty!

7. Add like buttons and share buttons.

Blog Entries
    My pessimism is based on the fact that registration hasn't worked in about 2+ years, that's when I stopped promoting on twitter.

If we can get that fixed, all possibilities open up again.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Might have to cool it on the inside jokes/memes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Guy Glan View Post
    My pessimism is based on the fact that registration hasn't worked in about 2+ years, that's when I stopped promoting on twitter.

If we can get that fixed, all possibilities open up again.
    Would a new version of Vbulletin help? I'll chip in for a new version. 5.0 is $250 off their site. The mobile one would be awesome at $400.

What is the problem with registration if I may ask?

Blog Entries
    You can register, but the email notification/activation is broken. We could turn that off and just allow simple, live registration, but when I've tried that before the spam bots go crazy. I can still see them trying to register all the time.

Matt tried to repair it a few times, but it never took. Not sure if it's something that Vinny has the time or willingness to look at or not.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    I'm not knowledgable enough to fix it or it would have been fixed long ago.

We bought the last vbulletin license about two years ago, thanks to member donations.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread