Sign:
    Brandon Moore, G
    Kyle Moore, DE
    Jason Hanson, K
    Vaughn Martin, DT
    Will Heller, TE
    Jonathan Scott, OT
    Corey Williams, DT

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Radio City Music Hall for the 2013 NFL Draft!

TRADE – Lions send 5th overall pick to Miami Dolphins for 12th overall pick, 3rd rounder (77th overall), 5th rounder (146th overall), Koa Misi (early 3rd round value).

Gunther finally gets Misi for his defense. Misi was the 10th rated 4-3 OLB per ProFootballFocus and his "weakness" statistically was pass rushing, where I think he lacked opportunity more than anything. Misi will come in to start at OLB here where, in Miami, he was falling out of favor, having to compete for a starting job.

Multiple teams pass on the highly talented, lowly trained player from BYU until Ziggy's Senior Bowl coaches decide to snatch him up at number 12. The Lions plan on starting Ziggy and he will have to learn quickly. Some may think there's no way he reaches this point, but I very much think he could. He is not a very polished player, but can succeed highly in a simple get-after-it scheme like Detroit's.

TRADE – Lions send 36th overall and 5th round pick (137th overall) to Ravens for 32nd overall.

The Lions get the player that I feel is the 3rd best CB in this draft, but not far behind numbers 1 and 2 (Milliner and Rhodes). He will compete with last year's rookies for a starting role and likely win.

Travis Frederick can play either guard or center. He will likely not contribute a lot this year, but the Lions now have a very good pipeline player to succeed Raiola or Moore.

Stedman Bailey is not an overly explosive player but will likely take the outside receiver role after winning a competition with Burleson, to whom he compares favorably. Bailey displays excellent hands as well as excellent body control, which Stafford needs to thrive.

Cooper Taylor may seem like a reach here, but I don't think he gets out of the 4th round, honestly. He's a highly talented player who I think compares well to Kam Chancellor. The Lions need a project to work on in the (likely) case that Delmas is injured once again. Taylor can be that and more.

Our new kick returner. We don't want to use Bush in those roles, and with Sanders staring us in the face here, he's hard to pass up. Finally we get a new Sanders to juke the hell out of the opposition.

Smith comes in as a depth player to compete with the likes of Willie Young and Ronnell Lewis as our hungry youth continues to develop. He falls a bit here due to injury and the Lions snatch up the explosive edge rusher.

Riley Reiff is going to start at LT here, and that means no more successful blocking fullback on the roster. Enter Kyle Zcshfjshdfjhds.

Herman is a mauler that played a lot of weak competition. His tape is impressive with regards to pancakes and the like, but he's best in a phone booth. Herman can hopefully be Frederick's future counterpart to the right side.

Roster:

QB - Stafford / Hill / Moore
    RB - Bush / Leshoure / Bell
    FB - Juszczyk
    WR - Johnson / Broyles / Osgood
    LT - Reiff / Scott
    LG - Sims / Nagy
    C - Raiola / Frederick
    RG - Moore / Nagy
    RT - Fox / Hilliard
    TE - Pettigrew / Scheffler / Heller
    WR - Burleson / Bailey / Sanders

-------

DE - Ansah / Young / Lewis
    DT - Fairley / Williams
    DT - Suh / Martin
    DE - Jones / Moore / Smith
    OLB - Misi / Palmer
    MLB - Tulloch / Lewis
    OLB - Levy / Whitehead
    CB - Houston / Green / Greenwood
    S - Quin / Spievey
    S - Delmas / Taylor
    CB - Trufant / Bentley

-------

K - Hanson
    P - Clingan
    LS - Mulbach
    KR/PR - Sanders

--------

PS:
    Edwards
    Silva
    Carey
    Austin
    Last edited by DrRay11; 03-23-2013 at 03:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    The graphics are what really put this over the top.

Blog Entries
    There was a time when deserved this kind of effort.

Feel kinda guilty about it now.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beauld Flavors View Post

This.

Quote Originally Posted by Beauld Flavors View Post
    Yeps.
    Players meeting my ASS!

nice work. too bad some snazzy graphics cant make the actual roster look better

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Guy Glan View Post
    There was a time when deserved this kind of effort.

Feel kinda guilty about it now.
    http://www.wtfdetroit.com/forums/sho...776#post412776

D, do you think the CMU OL guy is worth the number 5 spot if he's on the board?

Fisher? Absolutely. I might even have him in front of Joeckel.

Right now, if we stay at 5, I'm hoping for Eric Fisher or Dion Jordan. I fear Fisher and Joeckel will be off the board, though.

+ Reply to Thread