+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: TRADE: Calderon to Detroit, Prince & Daye to Memphis

Quote Originally Posted by DrRay11 View Post
    I do like Josh Smith. How old is that dude. I've been NBA'less for a while
    I believe he's 27... 28 next year... 4 good years left b4 his his athleticism advantage is done... be very careful with offering a max deal... I think the term is shorter for non bird teams with the new CBA.

Id be open to re signing Calderon for another 5 years. That's how much I think he brings to this core.

He makes Monroe, Drummond and knight all better.

Tayshaun got traded? Really? WOW! Who would have thought that would happen?

About fucking time Joe hit a home run on a trade... and finally the fat lazy toad does the business

Thanks for everything Tay but you weren't a vocal leader and didn't show up in the off-season... so hit the bricks jabroni! And take Daye with you!

Imagine if Calderon can teach Knight a thing or 2...
    Imagine if Calderon re-sign with us this off-season...

Imagine Joe with even more cap space... hang on... let's not get too excited yet. Let's just hope Joe has learnt a lesson since his least reign as "King"
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Blog Entries
    First time I've ever read anything that guy's written. Will probably be the only time.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I like this trade for now, but let's wait and see what Dumars does with the cap space.

I'm superstitious that we seemed to jinx with the last couple PGs we traded for -- AI, Arroyo

I wonder who will get introduced last for the roll call before tipoff. Monroe?

I wish Prince the best. He was a good glue guy, and represented us well.

: ( Prince
    : ) Calderon

I think we can all pretty much agree that Jose is a damned fine addition to this squad. Wish it was 2 years instead of expiring.
    Hype?

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Id be open to re signing Calderon for another 5 years. That's how much I think he brings to this core.

He makes Monroe, Drummond and knight all better.
    Calderon is going to get 15 assists each night if Drummond and Monroe start together. Knight is going to shoot the fucking lights out wide open all the time.
    Throw Josh Smith into this shit and I'm calling a title right now.
    Hype?

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I wonder how many Memphis fans were pushing for a Gay for Tay+Daye trade just for the rhyming.

Blog Entries
    The Grizzlies issued a statement on the trade late Wednesday, and embarrassingly had "general manager Chris Wallace" throw out the obligatory organizational quotes on the deal. Only, Wallace had nothing to do with the trade. Nothing. He isn't making calls to teams. He isn't consulted by the new regime. He's waiting until they agree on the terms of his inevitable parting. So, Pera and new CEO Jason Levien take an unpopular trade and assign it to Wallace in the news release.

Levien is making these deals based largely on the recommendations of John Hollinger, a statistician who worked for a cable sports company. The San Antonio Spurs once used him as a consultant and regretfully took his advice to sign a free agent named Jackie Butler. It was such a disaster, the Spurs had to attach Luis Scola to a trade to get Butler out of town.
    Meow!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--ru...065716242.html
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread