+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pistons still intersted in Demarcus Cousins....

Pistons still intersted in Demarcus Cousins....

Apparently the Kings are looking for productive veterans that can also stabilize their locker room.

I'd dangle Monroe for Cousins, but I'd try to leverage it into a bigger deal, add Tayshaun and/or Brandon Knight to the mix and see if we can get Tyreke Evans.

I'm not giving up on Knight, but we have too many scoring point guards and zero scoring wings.

Cousins is a big risk, but he'd potentially be even more devastating next to Drummond than Monroe.

I'm not sure if I'd pull the trigger on that type of mega-trade, but I'd think about it.

sounds about right, i'd consider getting a future pick to make up for giving one to Charlotte though too.
    k

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by @BillSimmons
    PS: If/when Cousins gets traded, I see the the Pistons getting him. Just a gut feeling, no inside info. They match up best for a deal.
    Find a new slant.

Don't see the fit... both clogging the lane... using Cousins in a three way to get us a flex 4 that is not a liability on D makes more sense.

Cousins did play PF in Sacramento next to Dalembert for about half a season two years back. They actually won games then, too.

Is it bad that I'm just rooting for change now?
    I don't even care if the team's better, or who they trade for. I don't care. Just give me some new faces. It's pretty tiring watching the same guys lose over and over.
    I don't know if trading for Cousins is really that good for Detroit. I would still do it though. Can shit really be that much worse?
    k

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Apparently the Kings are looking for productive veterans that can also stabilize their locker room.

I'd dangle Monroe for Cousins, but I'd try to leverage it into a bigger deal, add Tayshaun and/or Brandon Knight to the mix and see if we can get Tyreke Evans.

I'm not giving up on Knight, but we have too many scoring point guards and zero scoring wings.

Cousins is a big risk, but he'd potentially be even more devastating next to Drummond than Monroe.

I'm not sure if I'd pull the trigger on that type of mega-trade, but I'd think about it.
    You can't be serious! Cousins is a fuckin headache and Monroe is decent player that isn't a fuckin head case. Why would you want that disruptive POS on this team? I must be missing something.
    Players meeting my ASS!

I said I'd consider it, if it could net us more value than just cousins. It's worth exploring.

Cousins? Really? At least that's interesting! The season is just dragging along at this stage... can we just start Drummond already?
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    we have to find out first if Monroe and Drummond can play together, Monroe has to make the transition to PF (he really needs that mid range jumpshot - you cant have 2 bigs clogging the middle in todays NBA),if he cant make that transition i would be interessted in Cousins, but i am not sure Cousins would be a better frontcourt partner next to Dre than Moose

the kings are such a mess right now....wow!
    According to former Kings beat writer Sam Amick, DeMarcus Cousins' reinstatement from suspension on Dec. 24 was "made unilaterally by the team's owners and went against the wishes and planned protocol of the team's front office."
    Keith Smart was informed of the decision but was later "allowed" to bench Cousins for Wednesday's game, while GM Geoff Petrie, who has been with the Kings for 19 years, "was not a key part of the reinstatement process." Roughly speaking, this leaves us with a disgruntled (to be kind) franchise player who is being pressured to take the team's suggestion that he see a psychiatrist, a puppet coach whose rotations and game management defy logic, a GM who is reduced to a cipher now at the most critical junctures (and who is "all but certain" to leave the team after the season), and a pair of nouveau-broke millionaire owners who are trying to sell the Kings at an above-value price of $500 million on the pretext that a new owner could move it to a more lucrative market. At this point, the only dignified thing that could save the NBA's image here is for the other owners to pressure the Maloofs to sell the team to Sacto buyers.
    Last edited by Joe Asberry; 12-30-2012 at 08:50 AM.

+ Reply to Thread