+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 2013 draft and prospects

Blog Entries
    Any chance Oladipo is there at 7?
    Find a new slant.

Hope so GD - just seems like the perfect fit

From the last DX Mock though he's top 5. They have us taking Len with Zeller and Bazz still on the board
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    Hope so GD - just seems like the perfect fit

From the last DX Mock though he's top 5. They have us taking Len with Zeller and Bazz still on the board
    I'm of the opinion that if zellar is still on the board at 7 the pistons should jump on the opportunity. I still contend that he is one of the better pro prospects available in this draft. I think, like drummond last year, he was the victim of being touted as one of the best big men in the country and lousy point guard play. That's a deadly combo. Zellar rarely received the ball with good positioning to shoot and too often was asked to create shots for himself while facing the triple and quadruple teams you sometimes get with college zones and being the one player opposing teams game plan against.

With all the attention given to him it also made guys like oladipo that much better. I like oladipo as a pro prospect but am not sold on him being lottery-quality. He does a lot of things well but isn't good enough at any one thing, in my opinion, to be anything more than a role-player in the NBA. He's not exceptional off the dribble and doesn't have NBA 3-pt. range which makes him a bit of a risk as a starting 2-guard. He's also slightly undersized as a 2. I loved him earlier in the year when he seemed like a guy you could get late in the first round as a steal. He's definitely a bit over-hyped largely due to the benefits he received as a player playing next to a guy like zellar who received so much defensive attention and focus.

Zellar, imo, has above average mobility and play-making ability for a big man that will easily translate to the NBA. I think pro scouts sometimes watch too much college basketball and not enough pro ball. He won't be facing the type of defensive attention in the pros as he did in college and will have better guards and shooters around him to make the game easier in the NBA than it was this year in college. And with the game expanding out to the 3-pt line and zellar's ability as a big man to extend to the perimeter/handle the ball makes him a guy that should excel in a pick and roll situation.

I definitely hope NBA are dumb enough to let him fall but think when workouts happen you'll see his stock rise up again.

And trade Zellar? Keep him?
    Players meeting my ASS!

I think we should take the BPA and just roll with that

We don't have enough talent on the roster than we can afford to overlook anyone, even big men.

Yes Drummond and Monroe are nice up front but they can't play 96 minutes between them and our other bigs are fucking useless or completely unproven. Nova, Jerebko, Maxiell, Slava... suck!

If Zeller is the best player on the board take him and use him as the first big off the bench. Monroe (34), Drummond (30), Zeller (24) leaves minimal playing time (8 whole minutes) for Slava to come in and foul the fuck outta people in the paint
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

I just got a little bit of wood thinking of having Zel, Monroe and Dre.
    Players meeting my ASS!

We need to take the BPA, but I think Trey Burke would be a good fit. #2 most hated player in college for me actually but he solves our needs. Then again, we have a countless number of needs..including finding a gotdamn head coach.

I always thought Zeller is an overrated piece of shit that won't make it in the league, but I guess that's just me.

This draft fucking sucks. Trade the picks for players.
    Hype?

+ Reply to Thread