+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: pissed ons vs craptors

His career is expiring...

He has a player option for next season that pays him less than $4 mil

He probably won't opt out but you never know. IF Joe wanted to sign him we could easily send word to his agent. I'm certain that kind of thing happens all the time

And GD's response is exactly what most people think. Bayless is 25 years old and unlike some other players who have bounced around the league Bayless has proven he can contribute in a back up role.

He's nothing amazing but IMO he's not on his way out of the league.

I'm not saying we should sign Bayless or that he fixes any issues this team has. I'm saying the guy is 25 years old and over his career he has contributed here and there... without really being given a home. He just screams "Joe Dumars Guy" to me...

I'll have to do some research but I'm fairly sure he started some games for the Raptors last season and did pretty well.

And assuming he doesn't opt out Memphis might be interested in dumping him to avoid paying more tax.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

i'd actually take bayless over calderon. i just didn't know about his player option.
    k

We don't need another point guard that does nothing but shoot.

Bayless does nothing but shoot? Really? You've probably seen him play more than I have this season (haven't seen a Grizz game yet)

He does attempt 5.5 shots per game in under 17 minutes... which is quite a bit IMO but he's playing in Memphis where the bench is pretty shallow...

Let's assume in 36 minutes he'd jack up 11 shots...maybe 12. Rondo averages that many shots in 37 minutes. CP3 and Dragic also "jack up" 11 shots but they do it in 32 minutes... Mo Williams and Nelson, Lin, Teague and our boy Knight average between 10 and 12 shots per game... all play approx 32 minutes

Assuming we signed Bayless is he likely to come in and jack it up? Assuming of course that we had McLemore and Knight starting at guard with Stuckey and Bayless as the back ups.... and English as depth

Bayliss keeps his shots down because he knows if he starts jacking them up with gay, gasol and Randolph on the floor, he wont have a job the next day.

His career has bombed because he isn't big enough to be a 2 and he has no PG skills.

Coin flip chance he has a place in the nba next year. Terrance Williams had a better shot and he's gone.

Also, let's slow down on the mclemore thing. If the draft were held today, he'd get picked in the teens. He's nothing but raw potential so far. Nobody drafts a shooting guard top-5 unless they prove they can play.

Again, I'm not pimping Bayless - just saying that he seems like a Dumars kind of guy based on the fact he's 25 and has bounced around a lot. He's shown some potential at times but for whatever reason he's never really found a role/home where he could "blossom".

As for the Draft:

Are we likely to get a top 5 pick? I was thinking we'd be picking in that 6-10 range as usual

I'm expecting a late season surge once Drummond and Monroe are starting together... huge win streak in March or April as teams "lose the right way"

I'd take a chance on a supreme athlete for our perimeter in the 6-10 range, especially as people claim the talent in the Draft is pretty even.

With Drummond, Knight and Monroe here I think we can afford to take a bit of a risk on a player that might be awesome in 2 or 3 years.

Since you keep tabs on the college kids Kstat what is the best and worst case scenarios for McLemore?

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Bayliss keeps his shots down because he knows if he starts jacking them up with gay, gasol and Randolph on the floor, he wont have a job the next day.
    so? he likes to shoot, but he doesn't do it as much when there are better options on the floor. how is that a bad thing?
    he also plays a lot of 2 guard next to Conley. It isn't his job to facilitate there, and it's unrealistic to not expect his stats to reflect that.
    k

He likes to shoot, and he's not very good at it. He's a smaller version of stuckey. No team wants to keep him.

+ Reply to Thread