+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: pissed ons vs craptors

Threaded View

pissed ons vs craptors

well, the game is on.

i need a refresher, why does everyone dislike calderon aGAIN? dude looks like the best player on that team so far.
    k

...and the raptors have been trying to get rid of him for years. He's slow and can't defend for shit.
    He'd be perfect for us, though.

^ for what WE need. We don't need a big, imo.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Kstat, has anyone in the college ranks stock risen? or is this still going to be a weak draft?
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    Kstat, has anyone in the college ranks stock risen? or is this still going to be a weak draft?
    Trey Burke is the biggest riser so far. No wings of note aside from shabazz, but Ben mclemore is one to watch out for. Kid isn't big for a SG but he can really play.

I mentioned Calderon as a possible free agent signing... along with Millsap. The idea was shit on because neither play quality D.

My arguement is/was that "good" D is no longer allowed/required in the NBA. They call games for entertainment, for offense. The idea is that a scoreline of 115-110 is better than 87-80, despite the fact that in the 115-110 game both teams shoot 30 fucking free throws each

Watching dudes shoot free throws isn't entertaining... but anyway, where was I....?

Calderon - dude is big enough that you can play Knight off the ball to some extent... dude can run an offense... as a 3rd guard he's pretty fucking good. The drama we will have IF we sign him is: what becomes of Rodney Stuckey? If he's going to be our 3rd guard moving forward and then we choose to sign Calderon this off-season Stuckey would have to be traded...

which would be awesome because he'd be an expiring contract worth $8.5 mil

IF we draft this McLenmore kid and he starts at SG, and IF we signed Millsap and Calderon:

Monroe 18/Drummond 30 (Slava as depth)
    Millsap 32/Monroe 16 (Jerebko as depth)
    Prince 24/Singler 24 (Jerebko, Middleton as depth)
    McLenmore 28/Stuckey 20 (English as depth)
    Knight 30/Calderon 18

After the season Stuckey can fuck right off and our guards moving forward are McLenmore, Knight, Calderon and English... maybe sign Terrence Williams for depth. Bigs moving forward would be Monroe, Drummond, Millsap with Jerebko and Slava as depth... Prince, Singler and Jerebko are the SFs

for the next 3 years is that team good enough to make a playoff run/freak some teams out?
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

I don't know if it's possible for any guard to look like a good defender in Toronto. There's no big guy protecting the paint when your guy beats you, so what the fuck can you do? Still, I don't know if it was his defense but something sure made Knight play like shit for this game.

The speed thing makes sense though. I didn't realize Calderon had a knack for being slow.

I'd definitely sign the guy to a REASONABLE contract though. I actually liked watching him set up his team mates, and the way he was spoon-feeding Jonas Valancianas in the post was awesome. He'd look good hooking up detroit bigs and teaching the guards how to actually play the offense with a brain.
    k

Right now there are no guards in the top 5 of the draft, and the closest one to breaking in is Trey Burke.

Mclemore is a project right now, but he has enough freakish athleticism where he has a chance to skyrocket up the charts. He could be D-Wade with range, or he could be Harold Miner. Need to see more.
    Last edited by Kstat; 12-20-2012 at 06:24 AM.

Toronto has been offering Calderon up for years. They've found no takers for years, despite his gaudy assist numbers every year. The guy is a notoriously bad defender. He just is.

Shit yes I'd love to have him on our team, but the guy has some big weaknesses.

Calderon isn't even a starter for TORONTO. They traded their 1st round pick next season for Kyle Lowry. He's their franchise PG.

Do I think Calderon is under-appreciated in Toronto? Yeah. But the fact remains nobody else in the NBA really appreciates him either, or else he'd have been traded by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Toronto has been offering Calderon up for years. They've found no takers for years, despite his gaudy assist numbers every year. The guy is a notoriously bad defender. He just is.

Shit yes I'd love to have him on our team, but the guy has some big weaknesses.

Calderon isn't even a starter for TORONTO. They traded their 1st round pick next season for Kyle Lowry. He's their franchise PG.

Do I think Calderon is under-appreciated in Toronto? Yeah. But the fact remains nobody else in the NBA really appreciates him either, or else he'd have been traded by now.
    I kinda remember that he had a really stupid contract. I'm sure that has something to do with it. If he was getting paid Will Bynum money for the last few years there's no way that every team in league would be too dumb to not offer something for him.

Also did Toronto even have another option at the point? I remember Calderon starting for them for quite awhile. where were the rumors of him getting shopped coming from? Teams don't showcase a guy for 5 years typically.
    k

+ Reply to Thread