+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pistons @ Brooklyn (not New Jersey) Nots - 7:30

Blog Entries

Pistons @ Brooklyn (not New Jersey) Nots - 7:30

The Nots, ha! I've outdone myself yet again.

104-97 seems to be pretty popular lately. Let's go with that.

Trying to watch as I'm about to take me a snooze.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Getting thumped! Just before the half.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Two strange statistical anomalies happening with the pistons this year. 1. I do believe when this game concludes Brandon Knight will have a higher 3pt. shooting % than overall fg% and for a guy that shoots 11.5 shots a game, 4.5 of them from 3pt land that truly is amazing. I have never seen that before. When he figures out how to finish at a higher % and get high % midrange shots he's going to be a monster.

And Andre Drummond is a truly incredible offensive rebounder and arguably really, really bad on the defensive boards. For a guy that rebounds so well collectively in terms of stats it's strangely lop-sided to the offensive rebounding side. If and when he ever learns how to box out and/or stops trying to be a help defender 100% of the time this guy is going to be putting up dennis rodman-type rebounding stats...while also being a legitimate rim defender. Unreal.

These two guys could be monsters some day.

And this game has turned out to be very entertaining even if Frank decided to let Stuckey take the game winning shot in OT instead of Knight who has a history of winning games.

1-6 in games decided by 5 points or less.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    Fuck, great game, Tays defense sucks.

Jason maxiell- 38 minutes, 2 rebounds.

Andre Drummond- 18 minutes, 9 rebounds, 3 blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Jason maxiell- 38 minutes, 2 rebounds.

Andre Drummond- 18 minutes, 9 rebounds, 3 blocks.
    :
    Hype?

Quote Originally Posted by yargs View Post
    Two strange statistical anomalies happening with the pistons this year. 1. I do believe when this game concludes Brandon Knight will have a higher 3pt. shooting % than overall fg% and for a guy that shoots 11.5 shots a game, 4.5 of them from 3pt land that truly is amazing. I have never seen that before. When he figures out how to finish at a higher % and get high % midrange shots he's going to be a monster.
    If i'm not mistaken Chauncey used to average way higher from 3 than he did from inside.
    Maybe it's Isiah's curse on the Detroit point guards that keeps them from making shot from inside or something?
    k

Quote Originally Posted by Koolaid View Post
    If i'm not mistaken Chauncey used to average way higher from 3 than he did from inside.
    Maybe it's Isiah's curse on the Detroit point guards that keeps them from making shot from inside or something?
    You know, you're right. I did check and chauncey had a couple seasons, one with the pistons (2005-06) and one later on with the nuggets in less minutes. Still, I couldn't imagine this happening too often and with billups it makes more sense that he could pull off a season like that since he was always a low% guy. Chaunce was never all that good at finishing at the rim and primarily looked to get fouled rather than completing the drive. Knight, on the other hand, is much quicker and more athletic and will eventually get much better at finishing plays.

Anyway, knight is shooting at an unreal rate right now, 45% from 3 and 43% overall. Chauncey never shot 45% from 3-point land in his career topping out at 43 and it took him 8 seasons before he ever shot 40%. Knight is only 21 years old

BK isn't given nearly as much credit/attention for his shooting ability than he probably should. Plus it usually takes PGs into their 3rd season before they come into their own. This kid is going to be really good.

+ Reply to Thread