+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rondo and Gay to DET

Rondo and Gay to DET

Boston gets Monroe and Stuckey
    Boston gives Rondo and Sullinger

Why? Boston isn't looking very good this year and there are already rumors floating around that Rondo isn't happy. They get to pair up Garnett with Monroe to make a nice front court. Stuckey pairs up kinda nice with both Terry and Bradley as well.
    -----------

Memphis gets Maggette, Knight and Prince
    Memphis gives Gay and Tony Wroten

Why? Money. Maggette's expiring contract would seriously help them cut costs. They're playing great so far this year and Prince isn't going to match Gay's scoring anytime soon, but he'll fit in their defensive system well enough to still give the team a chance at success. Knight plays behind Conley and actually learns how to run an offense a bit while coming off the bench as a scorer for a sixth man role while the Grizz sculpt him for a Dumarsish combo guard role in the future.
    -------
    Detroit gets Rondo, Sullinger, Gay, Wroten
    Detroit gives Monroe, Stuckey, Maggette, Prince, Knight

Why? The Pistons go for two proven commodities and get two young prospects. Rondo and Gay likely put some fans in the seats and some Ws on the schedule. Drummond unquestionably starts now. Rondo and Drummond basically end up recreating the teamwork between Kendrick Perkins and Rondo in Boston. Sullinger could become the new starting PF as well. Wroten is playing in the D-league at the moment because he's essentially a Stuckey clone and he doesn't play for Detroit.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ========================

DETROIT'S NEW ROSTER

Rondo/Bynum
    Singler/English/Wroten
    Gay/Jerebko/Daye/Middleton
    Maxiell/Sullinger/CV
    Drummond/Kravstov

------

BOSTON'S NEW ROSTER

Bradley
    Stuckey/Terry/Lee/Barbosa
    Pierce/Joseph
    Garnett/Green/Bass/Wilcox
    Monroe/Collins/Melo

--------

MEMPHIS' NEW ROSTER

Conley/Knight/Bayless/Selby
    Allen/ Ellington
    Prince/Pondexter/Maggette
    Randolph/Speights/Arthur
    Gasol/Haddadi
    k

Blog Entries
    I'd like to see how that effects our cap space (after CV is amnestied).

I would have liked to have seen Daye included, but this is a nice effort from you.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gla View Post
    I'd like to see how that effects our cap space (after CV is amnestied).

I would have liked to have seen Daye included, but this is a nice effort from you.
    Detroit has the expiring contracts of Maxiell, Bynum and Daye. That's about 11Million. CV is another 8 mil, which would bring 19 million in space. I'm not sure about how much more the current guys under contract will increase in pay, but the Pistons should have enough for at least one high paid free agent.

Daye is an expiring bench warmer. Why bother trading him? It's not like either boston or memphis would actually want his ass or anything, so it would probably just get another shitty player locked up for more years.
    k

Blog Entries
    Wanting Daye included was selfish of me. I just don't want to see his face ever again.
    Find a new slant.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    Both boston and memphis are teams constructed to compete now, both trades make them worse right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Asberry View Post
    Both boston and memphis are teams constructed to compete now, both trades make them worse right now.
    If Boston is constructed to compete now (which I agree with) then they have even more incentive to make big changes, because they aren't competing. I'm not so sure that the trade doesn't actually help them in the short term as well. Monroe and Garnett would look pretty damn good together.

As for Memphis, it's all about money. There's been Gay and Randolph rumors floating around for awhile. I agree that Memphis gets worse, but I don't see that being a huge deterrent.

Trades don't always happen to better a team immediately, even if the team is damn good. Sometimes trades happen for a better fit, a player's ego, or just straight up cash issues. These trades are based on rumors. One rumor is that Rondo isn't happy in Boston anymore. The other rumor, which is pretty much a fact, is that Memphis is a very cheap team.
    k

Essentially Boston choose to rebuild around what many consider to be a (near) All-Star calibre big man as opposed to Rondo...

And the Memphis part of the deal is fine by me. The Gay rumours have been floated for a long time now.

Would Joe offer this? Probably not.

Should Joe offer this? Yes!

Rondo, Gay and Drummond = orgasmic for every Piston fan everywhere

Long term it doesn't hurt Boston's rebuild, doesn't really hurt Memphis (not winning a title anyway IMO. They remain a playoff team after this trade)

Great proposal and the explanations are good enough for me.

Good work Koolaid
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

While it is difficult to see Memphis breaking up a good thing this year it does make sense for their financial stability moving forward... nice work

this thread makes me feel so loved. glad i did it. i'm going to bring up this thread anytime i'm feeling down and out. hehe
    k

Blog Entries
    Stuckey, Knight & unprotected 1st rd pick to Celtics for Rondo. Who says no?
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread