+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Singler

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    Of course I'm well balanced and healhty!

I found the Singler vid entertaining and it didn't even occur to me that the organisation is focusing on this kind of shit to put asses in seats! That's just fucking stupid. How many more people do you honestly think are gonna go see a game because of this video?

If they wanted to use stupid shit to put asses in seats they wouldn't use Kyle fucking Singler! They'd use Andre Drummond! They'd use Tayshaun Prince! Wouldn't they use Greg Monroe? Or Brandon Knight? Or Rodney Stuckey?

Why put Singler front and center of your gimmicky marketing campaign? It makes ZERO sense to use him! NONE! Not one person is gonna buy a ticket because of Kyle Singler's video.

You're a little bit paranoid methinks. Which is healthy - but really? The Pistons are focusing on gimmicky marketing campaigns fronted by Kyle Singler to put asses in seats? Dude, take your meds!
    How many people will see a game? I don't think that's the immediate goal. I think the goal is to focus more on Singler, and I think it will be quite effective.

If I'm the head of marketing for the Pistons the first thing I'd try to do is establish a difference between the current team and the team of the last two/three years. That's difficult to do when the roster is so similar, but a fresh face does that. Considering the previous successful teams took an underdog blue collar themed marketing approach with a lot of success, it makes sense to promote a 2nd round pick who's starting at SG without too much buzz as of yet. Andre Drummond would be more than ideal, but he's gotta get minutes first before any marketing is done concerning him. In terms of marketing I think this was a great video. It's extremely cost effective advertising to create a video that goes viral like this. The thing that surprises me is that the coaching and management of the team would sign off on it at the time they did.
    k

Quote Originally Posted by Koolaid View Post
    This wasn't a Kyle Singler production. It was a Pistons production. I'm sure that's why it was him in the video and not anyone else though.
    They sanctioned it, but it was his original idea.

Done sleepin'... this kid has got "IT"

Singler makes his teammates better. It's rare to say that about a non-point guard, but it's true in his case.

Who cares who allowed the vid to happen? It's good PR and I seriously doubt the kid missed practice or anything important in order to film it.

It's harmless fun and should be looked at as such.

Seems we got a good one with him - but could he realistically fill the SF or SG starting spot long term?
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    Kyle is playing very effective and efficient, he just has a great basketball iq and makes few mistakes, he can be a 4th, 5th option...but at SF, this team needs a good SG

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2012/1...sustainability

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Asberry View Post
    Kyle is playing very effective and efficient, he just has a great basketball iq and makes few mistakes, he can be a 4th, 5th option...but at SF, this team needs a good SG

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2012/1...sustainability
    Agree. But who?!?!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRay11 View Post
    Agree. But who?!?!
    Fat. Joe. Dumars.
    Find a new slant.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    Redick + Tony Allen...one for offense, one for defense

Igoudala, Monta Ellis might be available and Mayo will be a UFA too, but they will be too expensive and not worth it

Drummond/ Slava
    Monroe/ Jonas / Charlie
    Singler/ Prince / Middleton
    Redick/ Allen/ English
    Knight/ Stuckey

But id rather try to trade stuckey+ prince for a better SG if possible
    Last edited by Joe Asberry; 11-29-2012 at 02:03 PM.

I mentioned Redick a while ago for obvious reasons - shooting!

Assuming Monroe, Drummond and Knight = the foundation then IMO you need shooters around them to provide the spacing they need to be their "best". Hard to find a better shooter than Redick!

Even if we did sign someone like Redick we seriously need to look at our big men depth. Slava, Jonas, Nova... fucking hell that's weak as can be!

We seem to be focusing on the perimeter despite the fact we have Singler, Prince, Jerebko, Stuckey, Knight, English and Middleton under contract for next season.

IMO:

Drummond + ???? + Slava - Slava is unproven
    Monroe + ???? + Jerebko - Jonas is better suited to SF
    Singler + Prince + Jerebko - not that bad
    ???? + Stuckey + English - Kimberly isn't proven
    Knight + Stuckey

I'd prefer we sign a quality big man, a quality SG and a reasonable PG... because I don't want Stuckey to be the only proven guard on the bench!

Millsap, Redick and Calderon? Is that a pipe dream? Too much focus offensively?

After next season we tell Stuckey to GTFO...

Drummond 30/Monroe 18 (Slava in case shit happens)
    Monroe 16/Millsap 32 (Jerebko in case shit happens)
    Singler 20/Prince 28 (Jerebko in case shit happens)
    Redick 28/Calderon 10/English 10
    Knight 32/Calderon 16

Yeah, yeah, yeah now Calderon is the only proven guard on the bench - but this is after next season when we should know if English is capable of playing the back up SG role. This also doesn't include our 2013 Picks - who would have a hard time cracking the rotation

And this line-up allows us to fade Prince to black and insert Jerebko as the back up SF, who only plays at PF if some shit went down.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

+ Reply to Thread