Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
Of course I'm well balanced and healhty!

I found the Singler vid entertaining and it didn't even occur to me that the organisation is focusing on this kind of shit to put asses in seats! That's just fucking stupid. How many more people do you honestly think are gonna go see a game because of this video?

If they wanted to use stupid shit to put asses in seats they wouldn't use Kyle fucking Singler! They'd use Andre Drummond! They'd use Tayshaun Prince! Wouldn't they use Greg Monroe? Or Brandon Knight? Or Rodney Stuckey?

Why put Singler front and center of your gimmicky marketing campaign? It makes ZERO sense to use him! NONE! Not one person is gonna buy a ticket because of Kyle Singler's video.

You're a little bit paranoid methinks. Which is healthy - but really? The Pistons are focusing on gimmicky marketing campaigns fronted by Kyle Singler to put asses in seats? Dude, take your meds!
How many people will see a game? I don't think that's the immediate goal. I think the goal is to focus more on Singler, and I think it will be quite effective.

If I'm the head of marketing for the Pistons the first thing I'd try to do is establish a difference between the current team and the team of the last two/three years. That's difficult to do when the roster is so similar, but a fresh face does that. Considering the previous successful teams took an underdog blue collar themed marketing approach with a lot of success, it makes sense to promote a 2nd round pick who's starting at SG without too much buzz as of yet. Andre Drummond would be more than ideal, but he's gotta get minutes first before any marketing is done concerning him. In terms of marketing I think this was a great video. It's extremely cost effective advertising to create a video that goes viral like this. The thing that surprises me is that the coaching and management of the team would sign off on it at the time they did.