+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Singler

Kyle Singler

"Buckets"...

I'd prefer we call him "The Wedding"... cause the minute he got married to the other 4 starters we started playing much better.. lame...

Kyle "The Wedding" Singler

Anyway... saw this video and it wasn't posted here so BOOM! there ya go:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=868...goryid=2378529
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

I wonder if the pistons would be making videos like this if fans were actually showing up to the games?
    k

Dude, who gives a fuck why he's making videos?

And if fans aren't turning up then that's on them.

Fairweather fuckers are the absolute worst

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    Dude, who gives a fuck why he's making videos?

And if fans aren't turning up then that's on them.

Fairweather fuckers are the absolute worst
    really?
    I got no major problem watching a bad team and rooting for them to win. I still watch the Pistons. I don't like going to games much anyway, because I don't like crowds and overpriced everythings, but I'd still go to a game with the right folks. still, this mindstate is kinda crazy to me.
    the pistons are an entertainment product. They provide a service. If that product is lacking are people supposed to still purchase it? would you still eat at your favorite restaurant if they swapped the menu and the food sucked?

oh and i'd definitely say it somewhat matters why the video was made. if they're focusing on putting asses in the seats through viral videos instead of winning games i'd say their direction is off. maybe you'd prefer gimmicky marketing campaigns over winning basketball, but I don't. the idea they took a crew and drove around detroit for a day or two with a portable hoop in the middle of the season is fucked up to me. If that sits right with you, so be it.
    Last edited by Koolaid; 11-27-2012 at 11:30 PM.
    k

Quote Originally Posted by Koolaid View Post
    I wonder if the pistons would be making videos like this if fans were actually showing up to the games?
    Singler has been making these since college.

Quote Originally Posted by Koolaid View Post
    the pistons are an entertainment product. They provide a service. If that product is lacking are people supposed to still purchase it? would you still eat at your favorite restaurant if they swapped the menu and the food sucked?
    Really? You're gonna do the whole "NBA is entertainment" thing? A movie is entertainment. A concert is entertainment.

Supporting your favourite team?

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/art...159922628.html

In recent years, Wann and his associates have presented evidence that level of identification with a local team is positively related to psychological health
    Do you find your mental health entertaining?

And if you don't believe that report... here's another:

http://psycnet.apa.org/journals/gdn/15/1/75/

Previous work has consistently found positive relationships between levels of sport team identification and social psychological well-being. According to the Team Identification–Social Psychological Health Model, these effects result from the increased social connections fans generate through their interest in the team
    Fuck "fans" that consider the Pistons "entertainment" and only show up when the team is a legit playoff threat. You cunts should have to pay a premium cause you fake ass "fans" don't attend unless the wind is blowing in the right direction

[
    oh and i'd definitely say it somewhat matters why the video was made. if they're focusing on putting asses in the seats through viral videos instead of winning games i'd say their direction is off.
    Really? You think that the organisation is doing that? Really? GTFOH!

maybe you'd prefer gimmicky marketing campaigns over winning basketball, but I don't. the idea they took a crew and drove around detroit for a day or two with a portable hoop in the middle of the season is fucked up to me. If that sits right with you, so be it.
    Were you not entertained?

Cause that's what it's all about right? You wanna be entertained, you want some slap stick shit with your quality basketball team. Well right now the Pistons can't give you a quality basketball team - so you get the entertainment!

How can you consider the team "entertainment" and then bitch about "gimmicky marketing campaigns"? Those campaigns are aimed at fuckers like YOU! Fuckers that haven't poured their heart and soul into the team and only go to a game every now and then when other "entertainment" options aren't hot and sexy!

you know, i was going to respond to that word by word.
    then i realized how well balanced and healthy you sound.
    k

Of course I'm well balanced and healhty!

I found the Singler vid entertaining and it didn't even occur to me that the organisation is focusing on this kind of shit to put asses in seats! That's just fucking stupid. How many more people do you honestly think are gonna go see a game because of this video?

If they wanted to use stupid shit to put asses in seats they wouldn't use Kyle fucking Singler! They'd use Andre Drummond! They'd use Tayshaun Prince! Wouldn't they use Greg Monroe? Or Brandon Knight? Or Rodney Stuckey?

Why put Singler front and center of your gimmicky marketing campaign? It makes ZERO sense to use him! NONE! Not one person is gonna buy a ticket because of Kyle Singler's video.

You're a little bit paranoid methinks. Which is healthy - but really? The Pistons are focusing on gimmicky marketing campaigns fronted by Kyle Singler to put asses in seats? Dude, take your meds!

To reiterate: singler has been making these videos since his duke days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    To reiterate: singler has been making these videos since his duke days.
    This wasn't a Kyle Singler production. It was a Pistons production. I'm sure that's why it was him in the video and not anyone else though.
    k

+ Reply to Thread